Thursday, March 21, 2024

The gifts you receive, some are special

 Pic from the past:

 

 Me and the family dog Bingo, held by one of my heros, my brother Junior a decorated hero from WWII.

For today:

I was just talking to my cousin on FB.  His mama gave me the top gift of my life, I have been blessed all my life with gifts like most of you who read here.

BUT some gifts are special because they are good, just at the right time, the right size and cure what ever ails you. LOL

I remember in about 1945/46 that Christmas my daddy gave me a used bike. It was made by the ‘Indian’ manufactures.  They also made motorcycles. It was the BEST!

In Albemarle, NC one Christmas I received a NEW bike it was super nice, but in my mind nothing replaced that old $5 Indian.

BUT in the move to Albemarle I was a rotten, pouty kid because I had been forced to leave my good pals in Burlington.

I made my parents and sister miserable, intentionally. BUT, but one day mama and daddy went to see my Aunt Ann. When mama in passing said the move they made was good except Jackie was about sick leaving his friends. Funny that, Aunt Ann had a son named Jackie, we were a lot alike. Ann said I have just what Jackie needs, this little black English Water Spaniel. I don’t have papers for him but Jackie won’t care and your troubles will be over.


This looks just like Ace did at our first meeting.

They were; I fell in love first sight, apologized at how I had been acting and promised to take care of this black dog.  I immediately named him Ace. My aunt Ann was a smart cookie. she was fun also.  I was fortunate to speak at her funeral, and yes I did tell about the gift of Ace.

Who can place value on 24/7 happiness? WE were inseparable.  That was the story in my book, “Ace ‘n Me”.

The best gift I ever received…  Did you ever get that golden gift?

Nite Shipslog

PS:

God has allowed us to meet some of the best folk on the planet. In person and here on the net.  Thank you all for being here… and being YOU!

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Your brother was a lot older than you!
That was about the coolest gift ever - and glad your parents would let you keep him.
I am sure I received a great gift like that myself - I just can't think of it right now.

Susan Kane said...

A lot was written here, and I nodded my head. Your brother was a special man. The dog! oh my. I hope there are stories about him.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful present to have a dog.

God bless you and your family, Jack.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That dog was a priceless gift for sure! My most precious gift ever was my beautiful family. I love them all so much. It's hard for me to remember thinking I might never have any children, but then after almost 7 years of marriage, the first one came along and after that six more came into my life. They are a blessing that never stops! They are all so good to me!

Mevely317 said...

What a priceless gift! Your Auntie Ann sounds like an extraordinary lady ... so intuitive.

I've been very fortunate to be on the receiving end of gifts (some would suggest 'spoiled' --lol), but nothing stands out right now. Maybe the gift I gave myself back in 2000, and that was Caraleigh. Best $100 I ever spent!

happyone said...

The best gift I ever had was my Dad's time. He was never too busy for me.