Friday, March 15, 2024

Did you ever search for vitamins?

  A picture from the Past.

 This our youngest Grandson. Now doing well working for the big Charlotte Airport.  He owns his own home now and has a very pretty lady friend.

I first heard the term 'Tow-head' in the early 1960s when someone said that about our sons.

For Today:

I am sure I have mentioned this before about variety. The first time I faced variety was in the Panty Hose display in a lady’s section. I had no idea what I had agreed to when I told Sherry, “Yes I will pickup a pair of panty hose, what size?”

“Look for a ‘B’,“ She said.

Well lemme tell you it ain’t that simple! There are 100 colors, toes, no toes, heels no heels, then the seam and no seam.  Shoot, I left it up to her…

Now I have another problem.  I SEE many other confused shoppers in the same asile trying to find the right vitamin or supplement . Thet are doing the ‘Easter Egg Hunt’ shuffle, and it is TOUGH! This is just supplements of roots:

 Turmeric,  KavaKava, Ginger,  MacaValerian,  Echinace, Goldenseal,  Ashwagandha  Beet, and  Licorice -and many more of ‘em roots. --Besides, I thought Beet was a root!

We only must search for Ginger Root. What is the difference in Fish oil and Cod Liver Oil? AND who decided there were so many vitamin B’s; we only need B-12.  What do all the other B’s do?


Well today I struck up a conversation with a lady there in the aisle. You here for the Easter Egg Hunt?  She looked at me like I was crazy, then it hit her that I was.  She cracked up. “YES I am!  I just got off the phone with my mother asking where she remembers the Cranberry Extract was located?”

I hope you had a good day, took your vitamins, supplements and had your coffee!!!

NiteShipslog

PS:  

Once again ‘Thanks’ AGAIN to you all for stopping by the Shipslog..

7 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Once the doctor gave me a bottle of multi-vitamins to give me strength because I was weal. When I got home, I was so weak I could not even open the bottle. So I went back to the doctor and asked him to open it for me.

He also suggested I drink a pint of stout a day - a dark sweet beer, to give me strength. I bought a large barrel which was delivered in our kitchen, and I drank a pint a day. It worked and I got my strength back. When it was delivered it took two men to carry the barrel in the kitchen. Now two weeks later I can carry it all on my own.

God bless.

Lisa said...

Victors comment has me saying “Wow” :0

I have always wondered the same thing. They tell me to take vitamin D. Well all the D’s are D3’s. I also take Magnesium but not sure if I’m really suppose to take Magnesium oxide or Magnesium sitrate. I get confused.
I just want a Vitamin to make me feel good. Maybe I need a shot of stout!

Happy Saturday
Lisa

Mevely317 said...

Is that your Luke?

Seriously, who among us can't relate to the Easter Egg Hunt?! Somewhere during the pandemic I became so confused, I just walked out and ordered what I wanted via Amazon. It's hardly scientific, but my go-to in matters of supplements, etc. is asking my trusted friends and family.

yaya said...

As a Chiropractor Jack has vitamins in the office also and he will recommend what the patient needs. I take magnesium and it really helped with my sleep and leg cramps. You and Sherry are in such good shape at your age that I want to say: "I'll have what they're having!" Our oldest son Jack was a tow head that got a little darker as he aged but his brothers were brunettes like me. However, they all sport a bit of the gray/white these days...unlike me thanks to Miss Clairol! Ha! Have a great St. Patrick's day!

Chatty Crone said...

My son was a Towhead. Not anymore though.
I know what you mean - on a hunt.
I take a powdered vitamin - that has a lot of things in it - then I leave I alone. lol

NanaDiana said...

LOL- OH MY GOSH- So funny. I had a towhead or two when they were young....now one maintains that look by trips to the salon. lol I do some supplements but I have friends that go crazy for them. The Legg's had a size B pantyhose and I wore those for years!
Thanks for popping by my blog. I haven't been blogging much. Hubby is not doing well and I am a full time caretaker at this point. Could always be worse.
Have a blessed St. Pat's Day. I don't think I am going to make it to Ireland either and it was always on my bucket list...sigh...such is life. Hugs- Diana

happyone said...

I take a multi vitamin for women. That's it.
Shopping for anything can be confusing. Way too many choices!!