Friday, January 8, 2021

Our Gypsy life for over 20 years.

  Memorable Truck from The Past:

This 1999 Chevrolet truck was new when we hit the road full time in '99!

For Today...

We have a site sign saying our ‘Homeport Belmont, NC.' Once in the Dakotas there was  a knock on the door (Unusual occurence). A gentleman introduced himself and said his uncle had once been the Post Master at Belmont, a Mr. Bullard. I remembered Bullard and had some business dealings (Land purchases) with him, a good man. It is a small world

At a camp site in Wyoming we were talking around a campfire once and I mentioned I wanted to sail the world. A camper said “We tried that, you had better love each other because in a disagreement you are not going to take a walk or go have a drink,” he continued, “We once saw a sail boat going in a circle; the hubby at the stern and wife on the bow, no one controlling the boat, they were upset with each other.”

Usually on the road we would drive 300-400 miles; stop for a week or so and tour the area. WE preferred small towns, we loved it.

Since this lifestyle is winding down I thought I would give you a walk-through.

Looking out the picture window, (the view changes)


This is a 2000 Monaco Diplomat 38.5 feet long with two slide outs. This clock is over 20 years old, I just replaced the works it is going good again.

Sherry has the Grands' pictures around

Our table and PC’s (Sherry refuses to be in a picture, girls are funny about that!)

Our couch with an Afghan made for us by a great friend MaryAnn. When Mark is here he sleeps on the couch and says he only needs MaryAnn to keep him warm.

Couch & living room


Our kitchen, Sherry has added a toaster oven, New Microwave and now an air-fryer.



Our little hall way passes between the commode area and the Washing machine.

Washer/dryer. Does about 3-4 pounds of laundry. Sherry keeps us up to date though. She operates it, I fix it. LOL

The vanity shower area is just past the washer/dryer



Bedroom. We use a ‘Sleepsack’. It is lined with removable bedsheets. I am usually last up and it is simple to make-up. LOL

Mirrored doors for Sherry's closet

This month I reach 82, it is getting a little harder to park and set up.  We have talked about downsizing to maybe stretch our time away from home base, time will tell.

 NiteShipslog

PS .  It is hard to believe this coach is over 20 yrs old. We have had it over 15. This coach is called ‘a pusher’ due to the diesel engine being in the rear under the bed.

 

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Your coach is in good shape. I think it has a few more trips left on it.
I giggled at the sailing story.

Happy Saturday
Lisa

betty said...

LOL about the couple on the boat :) You have such a comfortable home with the motor home. Looks cozy and just right for the two of you and the occasional guest :) Hard to imagine you will be 82 years old this month Jack! You are still a spring chicken!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You have a wonderful home filled with all you could need. Your couch does look nice and comfy. No wonder your son likes it. Do whatever it takes to continue your gypsy life, but 20 year seems like you might be pushing it in this coach. It wouldn't be easy to downsize though, you may have to give up a few things.

Mevely317 said...

Too funny about the marital spat aboard their sailboat!
I really enjoyed the tour, especially your work areas. Is there a story behind the dollar-bill man?

Woody said...

Loved the Pictures, Always enjoy seeing set ups inside as well as outside, Remarkable on the Kitchen Area, You surely did yourselves Proud on the set up ! Downsizing is hard, we did it and dread the day we have to redo it again !
Keep the pictures coming, I also believe that Coach had a lot of tender loving Care both Mechanical and appearance wise ! Love from cold, snowy North Country ! Gary an Anna Mae !

Chatty Crone said...

I loved it - it is so much bigger than I imagined - there are a lot of things in there. I can see why you love it.

Dar said...

I love your coach and was so impressed as to it's size and convenience...if I remember right, You were sitting in Sherry's chair at the table, Sherry was on the couch, Bill in your Captain's chair, me in your chair at the table and Sy at the end of the table as you showed him a dime trick and one with the color book....wow, that was way back 12-13 yrs. ago when you visited our small town. I'm pinching myself because I can't believe it's been that long. We love you guys. I hope God blesses you with many more road trips as you safely travel.
loven'hugs from up north where we are still having fair weather. Gypsy onward!!!