Thursday, June 15, 2023

Cars and wonderful people


 Car of the Day

 


This is Lisa’s Brother’s beautiful 1951 Ford.  It was on display at the Car show where we met Nick

 So for today:

A couple years ago as we walked around at a car show on New Hope Road near Gastonia NC we met Nick. I have a problem ID’ing anyone from a photo, but not my girl, she recognized Nick right away. He is from a well-known named family in his area PLUS is the hubby of Lisa. Yep Lisa, a young lady we have grown to love but have not met.

 

 Isn’t that weird! When in NC lately we live less than 12 miles from her and Nick, but still have not met. She is a good friend of friends of ours too. She was well known locally because of her relationship with Nutrisystems.  Since many of you may not read comments I wanted to reprint a comment from Lisa.  I hope it will help some of you understand that MANY people share the same situation.

Lisa said:

Yes sir. I lost 50 lbs on Nutrisystem. Kept it off for 5 years the BAM! Weight came back on and I bought into another (more expensive)diet. I lost 30 lbs. Kept the weight off for only 4 months. Then BAM! Weight came back on again. I am currently on week 3 of the same 8 week diet. I am now broke. But hey, I’m down 10 lbs.
Dieting is hard and I love doughnuts, waffles, Potatoes and ice cream. I just can’t do it on my own. I have to have a program to keep me accountable. I’m gonna try really hard to keep it off this time. ……Says every dieter.


Hungry in Gtown.

We plan to rectify the situation of not seeing each other and we must meet Nick and Lisa on our next trip back to NC.


I know my visits are sporadic here lately. I felt strongly about this today and made an extra effort to get aboard. I think your concern and prayers help me keep going. More in a couple days.  We appreciate your prayers I have felt poorly for a few days now. 

Nite Shipslog

PS:

8 comments:

Woody said...

I enjoy when you Post, If you Miss a few Posts it's just means your "Busy Living your Life", Take Care of that Beautiful Bride of yours and you take care also, sending down Love and Prayers from the not so warm North !
Gary an Anna Mae

Mevely317 said...

Trying again ... I think Blogger ate my earlier comment; or else it's the storms on my side of the monitor.
ANYWAY, I was saying I can identify with what Lisa wrote. Since the holidays I've put on some unnecessary pounds, for no other reason than a) I was bored and/or b) I fell off the Keto wagon.

I'm hoping you're taking a chance to rest, both body and mind. Still praying!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you have not been feeling well. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep us updated please.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope you feel better soon! Rest is the best thing you can do. It is strange how we live close to others and never meet. I'm going to make an effort to do better too!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Somehow my comment has gone to your SPAM folder, I think.

Praying for you.

God bless.

Victor S E Moubarak http://timeforreflections.blogspot.com

Sheila Y said...

Hello Jack and Sherry from down here. Just wanted to stop in and say hi! Sending love from Florida, ❤️Sheila

Susan Kane said...

Sorry that you are feeling ill. What does the doctor say? Keep me in the loop.

I understand Lisa's dilemma. I have walked down those roads.

Lisa said...

I feel honored that you wrote a blog post about me and Nick! Yes we need to meet.
I’m jealous that Nick and my brother got to meet you but not me. There is still time and like you said, we ain't that far apart.

Tied in gtown
Lisa