Monday, June 19, 2023

Taking Life as it comes…

  Car of the day:


Nissan S-Cargo voted one of the world's ugliest cars

So for today:

Most people today accept the title as fact (Taking life as it comes).  Mostly it is fact, I guess. Life has always had it’s ups and downs;  Ours and probably yours!

I have noticed though, when YOUR life is going thru one of those DOWN times, it is much easier for me  to say, “Things will get better!” and MEAN it.

BUT, BUT when it is mine (ours) NOT SO MUCH!  When it is ours, I FEEL LIKE Chicken Little, “The sky is falling down!”

Just now I found myself not typing, just staring out the window. My girl noticed and sorta raised from her seat to see what was happening outside.  I had to apologize and say, “Nothing is happening out there honey, for some reason I am just staring like a naked woman is walking down the road or a giant sink hole just appeared!”

I hate to be mysterious, but somethings are so bad that your heart hurts and life tends to give you NO answers.

I tell myself things could be worse:

,,,,, Sherry or I could have a life-threatening disease.

…….. We could have creditors taking our car, RV and houses.

…….. We could be burying a SON or GRAND!

……. Sherry could run off with the preacher!

,,,,, Medical support for my hearing devices could disappear and I would be totally deaf the rest of my life.

I pause now...... after writing that last one. There is a short time in my life EVERY morning, between waking and reinstalling batteries in my hearing devices that LIFE is beautiful. The whole world is quiet, not ONE noise is heard, PEACEFUL.  You would have to experience it to know what I mean.

The closest I can come to telling you how that feels is a ‘power failure,’ You must have noticed how, after a power failure, TV, RAdio, the A/C, fans, motors are no longer running. I remember our area after hurricane Hugo hit, unless you were next to a road, you heard ‘Silence!’

A song in the 60s era, Sounds of Silence.

Hello darkness, my old friend I've come to talk with you again Because a vision softly creeping Left its seeds while I was sleeping

We are in our  mid 80s and some hills are hard to climb because you do not know what lies on the other side, this one so far has taken 18 months. WE know we will reach the top soon.  Thank God it could be sunshine,,, BUT it most likely will be………. More clouds….

I should not publish this, but here goes.

Nite Shipslog

 

PS:

Maybe the devil made me do it :-(

10 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've always taken life one day at a time. There is no sense in worrying about the future, it may never come. Tomorrow is gone and today is here! We have to enjoy it the best we can!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That should read the past is gone!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Look Jack, if the devil made you do it, then we should thank the devil. Because by you publishing this, it has given me, (and others), the opportunity to pray for you and your problems. So no ... I don't think it was the devil. It was the Holy Spirit who made you take a step in faith and to shout out for help.

Whatever you and your family are going through, one thing is for certain in my mind: God is with you, Jesus is aware of what is happening. He will see you through it, one way or another. You need to hold on to your faith, however difficult it is; through gritted teeth even. I shall do my best to have faith on your behalf that God's will be done. Trust Him.

Praying for you right now.

God bless.



Susie said...

Jack, Sending hugs and prayers. I can almost feel your anxiety. We care for you and Sherry. You aren't alone. At times I let the fear of dread take over. I absolutely have to pray for strength then. So don't give up your hope(faith). Hey, and stop looking out the window for naked women. LOL. Blessings friend, xoxo, Susie

Mevely317 said...

Still praying, my friend. I can totally understand how doubts and fears combine to suffocate our best intentions.
Thank you for reaching out. Remember, there's a lot of us out here in your cheering section.

Anonymous said...

Amen

Unknown said...

I worry all the time and wonder about the what ifs. That is not a good way to live. I know it's hard, but God is with you, have faith in him. He will see you through whatever it is you are going through. Prayers still for you.

Sheila Y said...

You two are always in my prayers, Sheila

yaya said...

You've lived a good life...not necessarily one with no problems and I'm sure you'll find a way now to get through whatever hard times are here. Please know you'll be in my prayers for sure. You are an inspiration to me to see that one can live a full, fun, love filled life and not be afraid of taking on some adventures no matter your age. Hang in there Jack! Routing for you and Sherry from Ohio!

Lisa said...

I find myself zoned out too and just thinking of “what ifs” and “I wishes”. I have to keep busy all the time. I refuse to get depressed. I wear my brain out trying to fine positive thinking. I can’t even come up with blog post anymore.

Lisa