Friday, June 23, 2023

That smile, a smile, just a smile

  Today’s Car

 There days you have no idea which way you are going!

 


For Today:

I often compliment a cashier or clerk if they have a beaming smile.

Today  Sherry let me go shopping alone. I did, I actually used the self check out.  As I was leaving the store I happened to see a young lady, in her 20s with her mom or grandmom. She was assisting in another check out line. She had a smile for her mom or grandma that even made me feel good, and it wasn’t even directed at me.

It gave me a needed lift.  Thank’s Lord!  Yes, You knew I needed that!

Nite Shipslog

PS: ;-)

8 comments:

Mevely317 said...

A little thing, perhaps ... but so powerful! It's true, we never know who may be needing to see our smile.

Okay, I'm smiling at y'all through my monitor. And mentally playing Nat King Cole ("Smile") in my head. Thanks for the prompt!

yaya said...

Many times it's all that's needed to make your day..a smile! We need to use our smiles to uplift somebody. You might not even know how much that could mean to someone. Have a good weekend and I hope you had a good Father's Day!

Susie said...

Jack, Yesterday in the store, I saw a true beauty. A young tall thin blond girl about 20. I asked her if I could tell her something. She said yes. I told her she was absolutely beautiful, so tall n thin. She said "Oh thank you, I am going on a date and I wanted to look pretty." I said, "well your fellow is going to be proud to have you on his arm. I think I made her day. I am old enough young people let me be nice. LOL. I like to make people smile. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Susan Kane said...

It takes so little time and effort to bless someone's life. We all need to have this generosity of spirit.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Smiling is a silent prayer.

God bless.

NanaDiana said...

I smile at strangers all the time and usually say Hello. It is amazing how even the grumpiest person will respond to a smile and a hello. Glad you got your shopping done. Have a Smiling Sunday- Hugs- Diana

Chatty Crone said...

Sweet story. Love the car going two directions!

Lisa said...

It makes me smile to see others smile. I make it a point to always smile at everyone I pass. Yon never know what kind of day they are having.

Smiling in NC
Lisa