Friday, June 9, 2023

On the Road hiding like Bonnie & Clyde (w/o the bank's money!)

  Today’s Car

 
1931 Ford and Bonnie and Clyde
 

For Today:

We lived and traveled full time in a motor home for over 20+ years. We had a home base in North Carolina, with two or three options while there. We normally used the full hook up behind the Condo (duplex).  We NEVER unloaded the coach, it was home.

Since we now have our home back, no longer rented or leased, we unload and load this coach.  It is no fun and at times we miss something.  I guess we need to make a list of the several required items. This time I left my e-reader with my westerns downloaded. Fortunately, I had an old one, and believe it or not, I found my books in it, nice.

Alfa Romeo

The largest pain is the refrig and freezer stuff.  Going from a double door reefer with ice maker to the gas/electric one in this coach. I think the coach handles about ¼ of the house.  So we must be selective, both switching and buying groceries.

But with the added work, we still like to hit the road. WE are just finishing 500+ miles and are stopped at an RV park called ‘Southern Palms.’  A very nice park.  We are fortunate to have a level site since our leveling jacks do not work on this coach.  Something we hope to be fixed in the next few weeks, maybe after July 9th.  My appt to have my ears overhauled and upgraded.  Actually, my devices are old by today’s standards (You know electronics in this day).

 

I loved the  Metropolitan  we had a  couple of these

Most of you know I have Cochlear implants and without accompanying devices I am totally deaf, cannot even hear a JET PLANE were I standing beside it.  My Doctor, a sweet smart lady, will take care of the problem.  I have not been able to talk on the phone since the implants. I am hoping an upgrade will fix that.  At present Sherry does all the phone related stuff and I know at times it is a big bother.

I have been AWOL from blogging  for a time, I hope one day to explain. Right now the cloud is too dark to fight thru and approach the subject.  We have been keeping the roads hot, hoping the next trip will be to NY, Iowa or PA.  Shucks maybe all of them…  ;-)

Nite Shipslog

PS: This describes me mentally! LOL

 Thank you guys for your thoughts and prayers. I just wanted to reiterate; my problem is NOT health related. I am healthy as can be.  Just lived too long. ;-)

7 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for you.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

Thank you for checking in, friend. Still praying!

Susie said...

I always keep my blog family in my prayers. No, you have a lot of living to do yet. Been everywhere, know so much, you have to continue to share all that. Be brave Jack, your Sherry needs you. Blessings , xoxo, Susie

Unknown said...

So glad you're healthy and able to travel still. Enjoy that open road with your beautiful wife. Safe travels to you both.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks again for checking in. You were missed. Glad to see you are on the road again and making do with what you have on hand, Hope you can get both the ears and the jacks fixed.. Take good care and God be with you as you travel.

Chatty Crone said...

I agree too Jack - thanks for stopping and letting us know you are okay at least health wise.
So you have your home back and you park your RV there and transfer things back and forth - I bet that is a lot.
I hope the uphaul on your implants gives you lots more advantages to hear!

salemslot9 said...

Bonnie and Clyde is one of my favorite movies.