Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Forgiveness………

  Car of the Day

 1986 Chevy Caprice

 


So for today:

I read two blog entries of friends this week, both having to do with Forgiveness. One mentioned that Monday was actually Forgiveness Day.

Have you ever been the executor of someone’s will?  I  was assigned that job a couple time. One was simple with not a hitch. The other I knew would have repercussions, so I immediately turned it over to an attorney and accepted what she did.  I was misunderstood by some and they to this day hold that against me.

I tried to explain what happened to the ones who inherited, but it did no good. I heard rumors later that it was said I kept part of the money belonging to them. I got none of the money, all was distributed by the attorney. Some nasty stories came out of it.  Some things you cannot fix. I forgive them,  But it still hurts.





I came from a great family. I loved my two brothers and two sisters.  They were my heroes.  There were bitter feelings between my brothers. I loved them both, they were both successful in their own right.  but they could not get along.  I never knew the problem, still wonder. I just wish they could have forgiven each other.

 

Most arguments between siblings are silly, and eventually heal themselves.  Brothers and sisters should be able to forgive and forget, family is forever. You never know when you WILL need each other.  Brothers and sisters should never let a situation fester until a family is split.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

A simple "I'm sorry!"  Has set many a soul free, whether it is to God, family or fellowman.

It is a great TONIC, We all should try it sometime.

 

6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Jack, this (almost) makes me thankful I was an 'only' child.
Your experience as Executor sounds super uncomfortable; I'm sorry you had to be on the receiving end of their bitterness.

I've been putting off finalizing my Will, but actions/attitude by my son's older daughter leave me no choice. I'd forgive her, if only I knew why she's chosen to exclude me from her life.
Pretty sure she'll be venomous -- but then I won't be around to see it, right? (*grin*)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Forgiveness can be difficult. The greater the hurt the more difficult to forgive; especially if the effects of the hurt still live on. Forgiveness is an action. We choose to forgive.

When we still hurt we should ask God to forgive on our behalf. As Jesus and Saint Stephen did. "Forgive them Lord they don't know what they're doing!"

When Christ sees the wounds in His hands and feet and side, He remembers the pain, and forgives once more.

God bless.

Chatty Crone said...

You are so right - and unforgiveness hurts both of them - not just one.

salemslot9 said...

My John & I were executors
of my folks will.
Well my Mom passed away first
then my stepfather.
I remember her saying
People change after a funeral.
She also said
If they’re not around
when I’m alive
I don’t want them at my funeral.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

My mom was one to hold grudges and she could never forgive her brother. They died not speaking to one another. That taught me a good lesson. I never wanted to be like that. I forgive everyone and hope they've forgiven me too. We are all only human and none of us is perfect. We all make mistakes. Forgiveness is good for both the giver and the receiver. It makes us all feel better.

Lisa said...

I have a sister and 2 brothers. We fought a lot as kids. Usually just jealousy. We would fight over silly stuff like, daddys lap or who got to sit in the front seat or who had to ride on the “hump”. The hump was the center back.
We never argue as adults. We bicker out of fun during gatherings but it’s just to aggravate mom and dad on purpose. Haha.

Lisa