Friday, August 26, 2011

Life’s Problems

 

We all have problems. Some of us have problems that would sink the other’s ship. Sometimes I have a hard time just accepting the things I cannot change. Sherry and I have a problem ourselves, but someone especially close to us is truly suffering. Physically for one thing and then family problems are just over powering on top of that.

I run my mouth sometimes over problems, sometimes say things that might hurt, and I become very sorry, but it has never solved a thing. Over the years Sherry and I have been able to walk and talk about our family problems. We were not exempt from senior family problems. Taking care of sick elderly family members has taken a toll. Sherry & Shirl shared the brunt of taking care of my mama in her old age.(It is hard to face the fact that we are the elderly parents now! WHAT?)

I always thought we had enough problems with our boys to sink anyone’s ship, but we made it. Life changes with every generation. Our parents faced the depression, raising a family while looking for work, and still made it.

I can remember when we could not pay to repair our car and I borrowed $60 for 6 months and had a rough time making the $10.35 payments. Now I can laugh at that.

My philosophy has always been, if your problem is health, you really do have a problem. BUT if your only problem is money, you can always get another job, in a pinch a human can work 18 hours a day. We can survive.

My biggest problem is living my favorite prayer as I have said many times on this log.Is the  

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

As I have said many times, that is a good prayer. If you are not a believer, it is still good philosophy.

Just chalk this up as one of those down days, but life is still good. It won’t be long until we head for Florida. Hey we are going on a cruise in a few weeks. Gonna have a good time. Irene is headed up this way but we ain’t skeered.

Thanks for coming by the log.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Laugh at your problems, everyone else does. LOL

Today’s car:

image014

This is a ‘55 Nash Rambler. I sewed a cover for the back and we slept in the back with the back gate open with a muslin cover. The morning following the first night sleeping in the mountains, We found two BIG bear prints just below that left back window. Exciting at the time.

7 comments:

Helen said...

I suppose most families do have problems. Health and financial both or one or the other. Stay safe during the storm. I hope when you get ready to go on that cruise there will be no hurricanes around. Helen

Anonymous said...

Every family has their procession of sorrows. We all make many mistakes when dealing with our personal woes, but I think we learn a hell of a lot from the process. ~Mary

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love your philosophy and I do agree...If money is your problem that can be changed but if health is your problem then you really do have a problem. I too pray that prayer often. Hope you all are safe where you are and have a great weekend. I am in the woods here at my camper and it's just one of those evenings that is wonderful. I'm counting my blessings for sure.

Fred Alton said...

I like Andre Crouch's song line - "If I'd never had a problem, I wouldn't know how God could solve-em." Quite frankly, I still don't know how He does it. ☺ I loved that Nash Rambler! I think the one I bought was a 1950 model. The passenger seat laid down flat. Bought it for $50 in 1976 and put new valves and rings, etc. & etc. Finally sold it for $50 in 1980. It was a tough automobile. Much under-rated in it's day.

Paula said...

It seems to me problems whatever kind comes in waves. Each one gets ironed out for a while and then a new one comes along. I guess that is just life, so thank goodness we have God to go to in our time of need.

shirl72 said...

If you don't have any problems, someone will
be glad to help make one for you to worry about.
The saying I remember is people would say
"This to will Pass". Problems keeps us stronger think how dull life would be without one to solve. I agree if you don't have your health that ia a problem.

Shirl

Ken Riches said...

Seems like the challenges mount as we age, my goal is to not be a burden. Hang in there, having something (like a cruise) to look forward to is one of the keys to living.