Sunday, April 10, 2022

Side effects

Today’s automobile:

 

I hope the muddy season is about past ;-)

 Some thoughts for today:

Honestly I have never taken enough meds to worry about the side effects. Other than infrequent episodes of sickness and trauma (dog & snake bites) I have never required regular drug prescriptions. I mentioned taking Aspirin and Vitamin ‘I’ since this dry socket pain.  This dentist did prescribe some anti biotic and a mouth wash this time due to infections (dry socket). The Dr. said put the mouth wash on a Q-tip and gently put it in the socket, 3 times a day. Take the antibiotic 3 times a day also.

 

Now of the two which would you be concerned about side effects?  Well let me tell you I did not read them. Son Jack Jr. sat down and read them while I was in the bathroom using the mouth wash as I ALWAYS use mouth wash, it is a pint jar. I took a swig and swished it around and spit it out. Then I took the Q-tip dipped it and followed the Dr’s. Orders.

JJ had marked some things on the side effects.  Later I read them. 'NEVER SWALLOW'  and some side effects could be deadly! I guess that about covers anything that could go wrong, huh? Well let me tell you, it got my attention. LOL .. Hey I am back to the Q-tip only and when I get over this Imma pour the rest of this stuff out under our lemon tree, we do not eat those lemons anyway. LOL

NiteShipslog

PS: Use logic on philosophy statements such as:

"Money can't buy you happiness? Well, check this out, we bought Maverick and Stella  Happy Meals once!

6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Good grief! Who'd have thought a mouthwash could present a danger? (Aside: Thank you, Jack Jr.!)
Sure hope it won't kill the lemon tree!

It takes so little to make a child happy, doesn't it? Ever wonder, what happened on the way to adulthood?

Gary B Wood said...

I guess I better be careful, I use Listerine 3 times a day, rinse and spit, I have a "hole" on the top left side where I had a Molar removed, it left a large hole that I keep rinsed out after each meal and have used Listerine, I used to use "ACT" Mouth Wash but it wasn't doing the job so I fired it ! You 2 take care down there ! sending down love from the North, Gary an Anna Mae

betty said...

The side effects are sometimes worse that what you are taking the medication for! Good thing that Jack, Jr read them. I like when you listen to an advertisement about a medicine and they list the side effects and they seem to contradict each other. Like may cause diarrhea, then later they say may cause constipation. LOL :)

I hope your feeling better from the dry socket problem, Jack.

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying still that you heal soon and feel much better, Jack.

God bless always.

Anne Robinson said...

Prayers for a quick healing. Grateful your son checked the directions! Oh My Goodness, I am very careful what I take these days. I am not a news watching soul but my honey watching the morning weather and traffic as he gets ready for work. There was a piece about a widely prescribed anti-biotic and said it poses a danger especially with the elderly! Well thanks a lot medical people! But it is an antibiotic starting with the letter C, now I will go search the news internet site for the name.
When I worked in the medical school in the 1980's the docs would say stay away from diet soda. They would say drink rat poisoning it will kill you today. The chemicals in the diet drins will kill you 20 years from now! I am not and never have been a diet soda drinker due to the high sodium content. Me & my VP Shunt would be on the floor getting ready to meet my maker.
I hope all is well and you are getting better.

Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Peace & Love & Good Health

Lisa said...

I was always shocked that toothpaste says “Do not swallow. If swallowed, call poison control immediately”. I asked my dentist about that and he said the fluoride can cause blood levels to spike and cause permanent tooth damage. It can also cause digestive blockage. I assume it’s not fatal. It’s weird how they make a product to use in your mouth that is dangerous to swallow.

Hope your feeling better.
Lisa