Thursday, February 2, 2023

Amazingly Blessed

 Today’s one of a kind:

 

The above stretch hurts my head a little... LOL

Some thoughts for today:

Sitting here at the computer earlier today hoping for some great inspiration. Thoughts kept coming to me about all the wonderful supportive comments I have received. I wanted to thank you ALL for your encouraging words and also your prayers.

I have never thought of myself as bullet proof, but I have for the most part finished what I started; being fortunate also. As I sat here I glanced up at a fantastic gift I inherited.  It is an original painting. My sister Kat knowing my love for art gave this to me.



It is almost ghost-like. I am sure that the artist meant it so. It is a great painting of NYC and the twin towers. Also showing the Empire State Building. A photo of it does not do it justice.  I do not know the history of the painting but it was before 9/11.

The artist is a famous or well-known artist, but I do not know his name. It is impossible for me to read his signature. It is for sure you must get close to this painting to appreciate it. It was a gift to my sister and hubby as a going away present from their position working on Long Island.

If you can make a stab at anything on this signature let me know!

As I stared at the painting, I got the feeling that it was a premonition the towers would not stand the test of time. We all know that one day, some day, that day will be our last standing here on earth. But down inside it is some time off, NOT NOW!  I am smiling at that as I remember a flight thru the Devil’s Triangle on the way to GITMO.  We were in a USN Cargo plane and as I looked out the portholes I saw an island below. Son Mark sat beside me, I called his attention to the island saying, “Wouldn’t it be something if the pilot had to crash land there and no one got hurt and we could live like Gilligan.”

“WOW yeah,” he said just as the big cargo plane hit an air pocket and dropped about 50 feet, “BUT NOT RIGHT NOW!”  He added very quickly.

Now back to this picture, I sat here thinking how those nearly 3000 people were going about their daily jobs and in an instant or very short span, time for them was no more.

I sit here thinking, memories are good, but let’s live the best we can for now, while we can.

Again, you guys are the best.  Thanks again.

Oh yes, I wanted to show you our new traveling home.  It is 36 ft. long 8 ft wide with THREE slide outs.

We hope to hit the road in a week or so.

 

Nite Shipslog

 

PS:

7 comments:

Mevely317 said...

What a funny story about Mark's reaction to the plane dropping. Of course, given my feelings about air travel, if I'd been there, 'funny' isn't even close to what I'd be saying.

OK, I took my phone's Google lens app to this painting and I THINK the artist is Giacomo. I can't figure how to share it here, but will be sending you the link via e-mail.

Hugs from rainy, chilly Bama!

Lisa said...

love the new Wheelestate. It’s really nice.

Lisa

NanaDiana said...

First of all-Thanks for visiting my blog today and reading about the grandkid's crafting adventures.

I, too, am "not ready now". I cling to those I love and want to be around to see their next steps in life. I smiled when your son saw that island just as the plane dropped a bit and his response.

That painting is almost eerie when you think of what happened sometime after that was painted. That is a scar on our lives that we will always remember where we were the moment we heard....much like when JFK was assassinated.

LOVE your new home away from home. It is a real beauty. I hope you enjoy lots of miles and stays with it. Love to you and your sweetie. Diana

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You must be home now from your hike on the trail. How wonderful to have that picture your sister gave you. You can gaze at it and think of her. I have no idea who the painter might be. But it is beautiful. None of knows how long we have on earth, but I keep on keeping on. It's the only thing I know how to do. Your new home looks very nice. Hope you have many miles of traveling ahead.

Chatty Crone said...

I guess Sherri got all the paperwork and things done correctly. Love your new home.
I am not ready yet - but who is?

Woody said...

Nice Looking Coach ! Bet you will be glad to "Hoist Anchor" on that Baby and head out "On The Road Again" ! Looks brand new ! Goot post with some good points ! Take Care ! Sending down love from the Deep Freezer of a North Country ! Gary and Anna Mae

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I agree with Mevely. I think it is L Giacomo.

God bless.