Sunday, February 5, 2023

Thanks again & Stuff

 Today’s one of a kind:

The Tiki RV


Some thoughts for today:

(Help is always appreciated!)

Thanks to Myra https://mevely317.blogspot.com/.) She had the name of the artist of the painting hanging just above my head here, in a flash. Giacomo painted many skyscapes of NYC and is a well-respected artist.  This will be the closest we will ever be to owning the work of a famous painter.

I am not a judge of art. I see some works that sell for millions and think, WHAT?  I used to go to flea markets a lot. I looked thru the new cheap imported paintings, $8 to $20.  Most of them are beautiful and the painters create many a day. It humbles me, as a ‘starving artist’, when I look at those 'cheapos' and wish I could do one as well.  LOL

I was named correctly, or I followed my name: Jack of all trades (master of none). I am a handy man to have around my girl says.  

 I (WE) am a ‘frugal’ (translates cheap) person and very seldom buy a vehicle ‘new.’ My dad never bought a new car but did tell me when he did, it was dealer’s demonstrator’.  It was used, but cared for.

This (new to us) coach is a 2005 vehicle and looks new. We are in the process of deciding where is best to store pots, pans, dishes, everyday items and my tools and toys.

This refrig does not have an ice maker. My sweetheart loves ice. She constantly has a glass of ice with water in it. She loves to crunch ice. She noted that I once found a small ice maker at the dumpster, brought it home and fixed it; used it a little while then sold it. So I ordered one for the coach. It is small and will work well we think.

We will head out as soon as we get the title worked out. The seller is in the hospital with kidney stones at present so it will be a few more days for sure.

Take care, and thanks bunches for all the comments, prayers and bits of advice.

Nite Shipslog

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Okay so is this going to be your permanent home? How is Sheri going to get her ice?

salemslot9 said...

Ice for cocktails. :D

Mevely317 said...

Aw, thanks for the shout-out Jack! The 'Google lens' app comes through once again!

I forgot to say last time, your new coach is a beauty. I know the two of you are having a ball setting up house and look forward to seeing more images!

Glenda said...

Love the cartoon, sweet! Hoping that all goes well with your closing and trip home. Please come to Chobee next year! It's been too long since I've hugged you two. Really, we need new pics for Facebook Family Conrads, been recycling those from the past!I met a handsome man eating lunch with his wife at Arby's and he was wearing an Air Force cap; of course, I shared the info that I knew a guy who was in the Marine Corps,then joined the USAF and mustered out at Richards Gebaur https://www.facebook.com/groups/46072592281/ (Their Fb page) and on to USN Guantanamo Bay tour, wound up in Key West, he loved the tale! I cannot remember if I told you so this may be repetitious; 7 years ago, a G'fren came to Jensen Beach (when I accidentally sold my first Okeechobee home and rented on the coast)...we did went to Key West...I drove into the entryway to the base and was courteously told to get out! Likely wouldn't have been so nice, but my side-kick is a beautiful, blond suntanned chick and they were nice in part due to gazing at her haha! We started first grade together, she was the bridesmaid in my wedding at Camp Pendleton's Chapel. She fell in like with a Marine and ended up getting married and divorced but still lives in California. Okay, I'm done with this epistle, y'all must be happy that I don't comment every Sunday!!!
Lots of love and hugs to my two most beloved people in our wonderful world. Glenda

Glenda said...

OK, should have proofread this, just partly focused on cooking my Sunday dinner (see Fb page for photo)




























Victor S E Moubarak said...

I went to a flea market once. I did not buy any, but left with many an itch.

God bless.

yaya said...

Looks like many fun adventures are ahead for you and Sherry! I'll look forward to your blog posts and stories. I'm glad Sherry will have her ice too! You're a good hubby! I would say you are a Jack of all trades and master of many things! Take care!