Sunday, February 5, 2023

When you look, you are AMAZED

 Today’s one of a kind:

 I am amazed at how people travel!






Some thoughts for today:

Our English language, all words mean something, it is just that some words ‘weigh’ more than others.

amazed

[əˈmāzd]

ADJECTIVE

1.   greatly surprised; astonished:

In 1956 I became a Radio Relay Operator.  I still have a friend, Dallas, up in Pennsylvania who did the same job. We had a ¾ ton truck with radios mounted the bed and we towed a trailer with a lot of gasoline and two generators. Since the word relay means you are in the middle of something, our teams were isolated. Receiving a signal bosting it and sending it on it’s way.

That wasn’t a big deal, but I was AMAZED when they gave us new equipment and we could send FACSIMILE. Miles away a map was mounted on a drum. In our trucks a bank sheet of paper was mounted on a drum about the size of a 2 liter drink bottle. It took about 30 minutes but the map would appear one small line at a time as the drum turned. Of course it was black & white.

Shucks TV amazed me, and WOW then color was added.

The older I got I paid more attention and the more easily I became amazed.

I was AMAZED when the Russians announced they had ‘orbited’ a satellite, called Sputnik. It was the size of a Grapefruit if I remember right. I think I was also AMAZED when I began to WONDER, WHY? WHY would anyone want to do that?  Now we know don’t we?

Thomas Jefferson could write with both hands in different languages, AMAZING.  I have been to one of his homes, but Of course I never knew Jefferson.

Some photographers can catch amazing shots!

But I have known AMAZING women who could give birth to a baby and no matter what the pain or problems, they could smile and say it was worth it. I bet you are one and have known others who are AMAZING.

I am amazed when I realize I have lived 84 years.  I am more amazed that the most beautiful girl in the world has stayed married to me for over 66 years.

NOW YOU…. I am so pleased and AMAZED that you would take time to read this,  so yes….

            

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Jack you are amazing. Told my grandson about you too.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yes, I find you very amazing. You are always so positive in what you say and in what you do. Truly an inspiration to many. I'm privileged to have "met" you on-line. Pity you live so far away.

God bless always.

Mevely317 said...

Happy post! Yes, you (and Sherry) embody the term 'amazing.' I'm blown away by the Thomas Jefferson factoid.
Maybe that (Amazing) could be the title of your next book?