Sunday, February 19, 2023

Getting Old and Taxes

 Today’s one of a kind:

 Okay, I want one for my Birthday!






Some thoughts for today:

This life has taken on a turn that is hard for an old mind to handle. I had two BIG tasks on my ‘to do list;’ Retype my pass word list and do our taxes.

I don't know about you, but I have 3,463 pass words, well, at least 100. LOL. Some must be changed every 90 days with strict rules. I did that task 2 times (retyping) and when it came to saving it, it just disappeared. I attacked it the 3rd time and saved it after every 2 or 3 entries, finally got it done.

Taxes? Ah ha, this is simple (he thought). I used the Gov’t free feature and came up with owing a bunch. I just knew that was wrong, so I did it the old fashioned way, and showed a refund, I THOUGHT!

The gov’t dude argued with me. It makes me sick to be that WRONG, but I was. I had missed one of the lines in the Social Security Worksheet for taxable amounts.

Here is a sample of the instructions:

On line three this old man missed line 1z in my totals and THAT made all the difference.  I just hate being VERY WRONG.  LOL  But I was.

Well anyway I did get the taxes out of the way.  Now we are waiting other news, one is the title of the new-to-us coach before we can head back to Florida.

We know all families have problems that come up and we are not too old to be exempt, I wish we were. LOL

Still not comfortable back on this old computer, time for a replacement, Things keep going wrong and Mr/Mrs Micro Soft finally notified me there would be no more support for my old computer.  FUNNY (not haha) but with this generation nothing lasts much more than its ‘break in time’ and then something new replaces it.

 Nite Shipslog

PS: I noticed that former President Carter is in Hospice. I voted for him once, Sherry voted for him twice. We all reach a time we face death whether king, president or ditch digger. It is appointed.......

Remember:

WE are FREE to honor this Flag and Worship as we choose.

7 comments:

yaya said...

I like that vehicle you've featured today and since I do have a birthday coming I want to get one! Ha! I'm glad your taxes are done but sorry about the payment. I send ours to an accountant and I'm hoping for a refund although going back to work last year might make a difference. I'll be sending ours out soon. I hope you didn't get flim flammed about the coach you just bought. Seems like it's taking way too long to get that title back! I'm sure all will be good and you'll head off to Florida soon. Have a good Sunday!

Chatty Crone said...

How did you know your taxes were off - did they contact you? Sorry you had to pay.
I have a HUGE password book myself and I remember doing it.
Lastly - when do you think you will get the title?
I heard about Carter.
I am so thankful to God that I live in the USA.
I am glad you are back.

Mevely317 said...

Oh, it's GOOD to 'see' you back! Ouch on the taxes. This is one time of year I'm happy to be poor and not obligated to file. (At least, that's what Dr. Google tells me.)
Tom's one to keep his passwords written down, but that's too risky for my peace of mind. I've all ours (Tom's too) in an encrypted Excel spreadsheet.
Hope this coming week is kinder!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Ouch on the taxes. I hated to do them myself and took my out to be done. Sorry you are still waiting on the title, but at least you are where there is warmer weather while you wait. I keep my passwords in my address book so they are listed alphabetically. It's better to have different ones for different accounts and not use the same one, but I must write them down. The only one I remember is the one for blogger, because I use it every day. Try to enjoy your waiting time.

NanaDiana said...

I am so so sad about Jimmy Carter. He is a good soul and I know there were many that didn't like his presidency term, but he was probably too. honest to be a politician. He has done so much for the world after his presidency that I believe he will be remembered for his humanitarian outreach.
Hope you get the title to your coach. I am already missing our camper and hope I can use my son's old GMC bus (all fixed up like new) for the summer in a permanent campground in Door Cty,WI.
Hope you and Sherry have a wonderful week, Jack. Hugs- Diana

ps....bummer about the taxes...

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Doing a tax return can be quite a big job.

Glad to see you're back from travelling. God bless always.

Sheila Y said...

I use an address book for my passwords and I write with pencil in case I have to make changes. Take care, Sheila ❤️