Friday, February 24, 2023

Thinking

 

Today’s one of a kind:

If the New-to-us RV title doesn't come in, this might be our next RV.

 Some thoughts for today:

Yes, I know that ‘me thinking’ is dangerous. But thinking is what I have been doing as we await the arrival of the title for our new-to-us RV.

First is a short 500 mile trip back to Florida to Register and Title the RV there.


Next we are hoping to get some time at an RV park near Lancaster to attend a play at ‘Sight and Sound Theater.’  We have been to see a few there and have always enjoyed them. For us it is a huge presentation.  We have never been to Broadway and probably never will. 

The extent of our ‘Play type’ entertainment has mostly been outdoor dramas. We have been fortunate to see these I remember:

(Lost Colony)

The Lost Colony, The Waldensian Story, The Hatfields’ and McCoys’, Unto These Hills, The Long Way Home, Oklahoma, My Old Kentucky Home and Horn in the West.

But our introduction to Sight and Sound near Lancaster, PA put this southern boy in awe.  I have said it before but what I remember most was the story of ‘Noah.’ As the play progressed, the lights were dimmed to Dark, then slowly raised to bright and we were suddenly INSIDE an ARK!  The walls were now filled with animals, enough live ones to make you think they were all real.  It was such a pleasant shock to see the transformation. We were hooked.

This scene is before we are inside the ark. LOL

So I am ‘thinking’ maybe a trip back to NY’s Rondout Valley.  There is one other destination you may or may not have heard of, Moscow, Iowa. Home of HWH RV Jacks. We stopped there once on the way back from Alaska for some work.  We might need to go back on this new coach. We need to make another trip to Missouri and Iowa anyway, we like that country.

Anyway, I am just thinking…. Of course there is also San Antonio, Love that area also.

Anyway, Thinking can be fun, but dangerous…

Nite Shipslog

9 comments:

Woody said...

We love the Shows from Lancaster, A couple from Church have a Daughter who works at "Sight and Sound" and we watched "I Heard The Bells" "NOAH", "DAVID" broadcast up to us at Church ! We sat and watched it on our large screen TV's and it was awesome ! I was amazed by the Animals and Stages. Hope you get your title soon ! Sending down Love and Prayers, Gary and Anna Mae !

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Oh it's so nice to go to the theatre or to watch a live show with a favourite singer. I think you'll enjoy yourself.

You've reminded me of my young days when I used to present variety shows. We had various performers, musicians, singers and so on and I did the introductions in-between acts; and wrote some of the sketches.

God bless always, Jack and Sherry.

Susan Kane said...

You two are so adventurous. Keep posting about your new RV and where you will go next.
We went to an Ark performance in Branson, and, oh my! It was awesome. My mouth was open most of the time.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

With so many different places to go, it would require a lot of thought as to what to go to first. Depending on the weather, you might want to stay south for awhile. It's freezing cold in Ohio.

Mevely317 said...

It's mighty good to 'hear' the enthusiasm in your post again, Jack! Right away, I was reminded of this old quote: "A ship in harbor is safe ... but that is not what ships are built for."

yaya said...

I think you think just fine! I hope you can make those trips and if you do, just stop here in Ohio for a quick visit! No big outdoor theaters but a good stop anyway! I think there's a replica of the Ark in West Virginia that everyone says is awesome. Lots of fun things here in the good old USA!

Susan Kane said...

Hey, it's me, Susan from theComplativeCat, I am having trouble posting on comment section set up . I hope this goes through. Anyway, Love your proposed RV. Keep away from fire zones.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness you sure do have lots of places to go. Can you go before you get the title or are you waiting?

Glenda Hulbert said...

I've not followed you two for awhile, working at a new online job, it's exhausting. So happy to sit and read all your past posts, and catch up on your doings :) You two have such a fun life! Miss ya, as you likely will not come this far south. However, wherever you go, I know you'll enjoy our wonderful country. Be safe, Love y'all, Glenda