Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Old age competition

 Today’s one of a kind:

 Who knows what this was orginally, but it s one of a kind now...

 


Some thoughts for today:

My face ain’t purty. I am in competition of an OLD friend who is presently in Florida. My friend who will remain anonymous but is Evelyn, hurt herself the other day. It was accidently of course, maybe.  You see not long ago I had an accident and got a very impressive black –eye.  I was proud of it. Well Evelyn had to out do me so she really did. I mean she has one to be proud of.

Well, not to be out done, yesterday I was clearing a couple  areas here in NC where we had some large limbs fall. I had cut thru the rubble leaving a few small stumps when low and be hold I decided to trip and fall, ‘face down’ onto one of those stumps.

I was lying there in the vines when I heard my neighbor call out, “Jack are you okay?”

I realized I was lying there trying to figure just what had happened,  I slowly  replied, “YEP< I think so.”  He came over to help the OLD man up. He tried to get me to go in for first aid but I decided to face Sherry first.  LOL

Anyway, yep, I did something I thought I would never do, I fell face first, because my hands and arms were occupied in vines and could not protect my face. At least I broke no bones. I remember ‘Yaya’ from up north said she fell and broke both arms OUCH!  I know I am older than that young lady, but she is a nurse and probably set both arms herself!  ;-)

Anyway, I hate to admit it, but as Sherry reminds me, I am NOT GETTING OLD, but I AM OLD!

Things aren’t too bad. At least the Feral Cat I call ‘Fraidy Cat,’ has decided to allow me to pet her today. I think she feels sorry for me.  LOL

This black eye and face still ain’t as good as Evelyn’s. but I tried!

I will return again…. I hope I decide to just let Evelyn win the blackeye competition...

Nite Shipslog

PS

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Dang Jack! You need to be careful out there. I’m glad you didn’t break anything. If anyone ask you what happened, Just tell them they should see the other guy. Hahaha.

Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Oh NO ... I'm so sorry to hear of your accident Jack. I am praying for you right now. Take care and take it easy.

God bless you and yours.

salemslot9 said...

Aw.
You might have to cut stumps even with ground.
Or make little flags to put on them.
So you know where they are. :/

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Getting old is no fun for sure. Glad nothing was broken and the black eye will go away. But praying for Evelyn with 2 broken arms. Falling is one thing I fear, so I've been using a cane to steady me. We need all the help we can get when we are old. Take good care and watch out for the vines, they can trip you up.

Mevely317 said...

Oh my word ... that car! Tom would probably love it.
I don't know what's going around, but of my lady friends have taken bad falls recently -- one in the hallway just outside her office, resulting in a broken shoulder and big black eye. Thinking of Fraidy Cat, our pups are constantly underfoot and I'm concerned one of us will break our head in an effort not to step on them.

PS - What, no selfie, Jack? In all seriousness, lifting prayers you get back to feeling like a crispy critter SOON!

Woody said...

You should have hollered "Make a Hole", Make a Hole" "Comming Thru" ! So glad to hear nothing Broken but I am sure it Hurts ! Good to see a Post ! Take Care, "Watch your Step" ! Sending down Love and Prayers, Gary and Anna Mae !

Chatty Crone said...

Oh Jack - I sure hope you are okay and heal fast. Please be careful.

Jasa Elektronik Jm said...

https://www.auraabadilogistik.com/jasa-pengiriman-motor-ke-samarinda/
https://www.auraabadilogistik.com/biaya-kirim-motor-ke-ambon/
https://kapallct.com/sewa-kapal-lct-surabaya-timur-leste/
https://jasapengirimankontainer.com/2022/10/11/sewa-kontainer-jakarta-singkawang/
https://jasapengirimankontainer.com/2022/10/11/kirim-mobil-jakarta-batam/
https://pengirimanantarpulau.com/jasa-kirim-mobil-surabaya-tomoho/

Sheila Y said...

Oh no, hope you’re not in pain and it heals fast. ❤️ Sheila