Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Habits

 Cars and animals:

 Dog gone good driver!


 

 

Some thoughts for today:

We still haven’t driven our new-to-us coach yet.  But we are in and out of it trying to get used to it.  Of course by habit I each for lights where they were in our previous coach.

I notice I am like that about the  micro-wave units.  The start and stop buttons are EXACTLY reversed from our coach and here in the house.  I will put in cook time and hit the stop button, cancelling the cook time so I start all over again.

It is said we humans are creatures of habit, and we sure are..

Just today my sweetheart said, “I still cannot get used to our moving the trash can from the corner to under the sink. I walk to the corner then come back to the cbinet under the sink.

I can remember changing cars and it took a long time to  REMEMBER the light switch and wipers were just opposite.

Anyway that is me for today. I am tied up  most of the day with volunteer work…  I B tired..

Nite Shipslog

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

We sure are creatures of habit!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I never get tired of the habit of sitting down and watching others work. Good habit worth pursuing.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Habiits can be good and bad. It would be difficult to learn somethings all over again. I've experienced a lot of changes and trying to break old habits for new ones, but it isn't easy at all. Hope you can enjoy the new coach on the road soon.

Mevely317 said...

I'm glad to know Tom and I aren't the only ones! It's not a big deal, but always annoying when I get in (for instance) my DIL's sedan or a rental car and everything different. I've been known to sit for 20 minutes trying to familiarize myself with the location of the windshield wipers, etc.

Like 'Ma' said, I hope you're able to take your new ride out for a spin real soon!

Lisa said...

We have a new microwave and I have the same problem. The stop and start buttons are reversed. We have lived in this house for 18 years and I still get the ceiling fan and light switch confused. I have never checked but I think they are probably on different sides in other rooms and thats why I’m always mixing them up.

finally gonna blog a while.
Lisa