Monday, July 19, 2021

I feel Unnecessary

 Automobiles from another era:

1952  Buick Super

 

For today:

I have never heard anyone say that but my mama. She would day that and then break out laughing. But for a couple days now I have ‘Felt Unnecessary,’ LOL. Just sorta BLAA, lethargic, I guess?

But today it was raining, I opened the basement garage doors, Ace, Deuce and Trey dropped out of the underside of the Motor home and ran thru the rain to the open doors. I’m sure they climb up on the engine to sleep when they refuse to come in the basement at night.

 I picked a couple things to ‘fix’.  First was a new ladder that someone had lost on the interstate. Jack Jr. picked it up after a couple cars ran over it. (I am not sure how I would react at 65mph, if I had to try and dodge a large item like a ladder in the road.) 

As I was doing the repairs the kitties were playing at my feet. Ace was even climbing my leg like it was a tree. I kep working and ignoring them then noticed they were gone. I am putting 4 pictures up, it was nap time, one of where they chose to nap  and the other showing them awake when I started repairs on my tiller.

Ace chose the John Deere



 

Deuce and Trey chose a spot in my scrap lumber.

 

My noises don’t bother them as much, they used to run to places unknown at the sound of a saw or vacuum.

 

Oh, Grandson Steve and wife, Jennifer, stopped by for a visit. Kennedy the youngest child picked up the remote and asked, “What does this turn on?”

Stephen, pointing to me, “Ask Grandpa.”  She turned and walked passed me.

Stephen, “Where are you going Kennedy?”

“To find a real grandpa.” And she went looking for her Grandpa Jack Jr. LOL

 

  Nite Shipslog

PS:  Ladder repair went well, Tiller not so good. I have been working on it for a year now. LOL

Kitties (I stopped work to watch these crazy kitties):

  


8 comments:

betty said...

LOL what Kennedy said :) The wee one came over with his family yesterday for dinner and swimming. When it was time to get ready to go into the pool, he said "I don't have my swim costume" (meaning swim trunks). We just laughed at that then told him his swimming trunks were here at Grandma/Grandpa's house. They sure keep us laughing, don't they?

Those 3 kitties find unusual places to sleep! They look comfortable doing so though!

I think a lot of people think you are necessary Jack :) Blog world does :)

betty

Lisa said...

Kids say the cutest and innocent things. The kitties are still cute!

Nite
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The kittens are quite lively and cute. Cats get everywhere, don't they. Enjoy time with the family. Well done for fixing the ladder.

God bless you all.

Chatty Crone said...

Kittens can just lay anywhere - their bodies are so limp. I envy that. Kids are cute too with what they say!

Mevely317 said...

I don't remember my mother saying anything like that, but ya. She'd sometimes remark out loud, "I don't know why I even try." (Heartbreaking now.)
I think this long HOT summer has lots to do with the blahs. Tom and I are experiencing much the same feeling.

Way to go, both you and JJ, for fixing the ladder. I'd have had a heart attack if it were to come flying up from the car in front of me.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You do so much I don't know how you could feel unnecessary, You are always doing, if not for yourself, you help others too. Those kittens surely to keep you entertained and I'm sure they'd be lost without you to give them food and a home there.

yaya said...

I've kind of felt that way after retirement. But we know we still have lots to do in life and I sure would miss your blog! Plus those cute kitties would miss you!

Dar said...

You, unnecessary? NEVER!~! It's understandable on gloomy days for me. I just can't get up and go like I used to. Today was one of those days. The big guy had been inside all day as well. Sometimes we just have to rest. You, however, are always busy helping the neighbors, friends and family. You're a pretty important guy. Kittens are so entertaining, even when they're napping.
loven'hugs from up north where I worked in the garden a bit today...where did all the weeds come from?