Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Last of the small trail and now.

 Today’s one of a kind:


Most RV'ers remember the Airstream trailers. They were #1 for many years. Now someone has merged the trailer into an auto and made a motor home out of it. NICE but wild looking.

Some thoughts for today:

Looking thru my camera and found the last pictures I made in Leesburg.

Above is the last big turtle I found in a ‘clutch’ (laying eggs).  Her shell looked like it had been hit earlier in her life by a Outboard motor prop.  I explained this was not a good place to ‘Clutch’, we talked for awhile and she actually moved further into the weeds and continued her clutch. I wished her well.

Above is an example of what you see all over Florida. The power companies will set a separate power pole and put a big dish on top. There are three of them I pass when I walked there. This is to give the big birds Eagles, hawks and some water birds a place to nest other than the power poles which does cause shorts and power outages when they nest on the power lines.

This is our coach now.


This is the Front picture window view.

Below is the view of our front yard. That field is a few hundred acres of pasture. Many times we have cows in our front yard. LOL

We are actually in front of Friends from Belmont, Don & Evelyn.  Sherry graduated HS with Evelyn and they are good friends.

We plan to be around a couple weeks, then spend 2-3 days with our sons before heading back to NC. Settling there for a couple days to get my pack ready, then the plans are for Sherry to deliver me to Springer Mt. Georgia to start the trail. I am getting anxious to start. ;-)

Nite Shipslog

 PS:

6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Such a good idea, giving those birds a dish of their own on which to next! I remember near-miss collisions on US-19 just north of Tarpon Springs, from motorists trying to spot a baby eagle.
Love your ever-changing room with a view!

Mevely317 said...

Oops ... that should read, "on which to NEST."

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a clever idea placing circular dishes for birds to nest. I hope they appreciate it. There's at least 3 pairs of pigeons nesting in a big tree in our garden. The females are building the nests and the males are talking sports, or politics ... I don't understand their cooing!!!

God bless.

Chatty Crone said...

Great ideas about the birds.

Even in the RV park you have friends there - cool.

Love the FLAG!

I guess you will start the end of January.

Good luck!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm going to have to look when we go out next and see if I spot any of those dishes. It is a good idea. I bet you are getting excited to go on your trek, but try to enjoy your waiting time. You'll need the rest before a hike like that one !

yaya said...

Your home sweet home has friends very close by! I'm glad you guys enjoy your time there and I know you're anxious to get started on that trek and I'm just anxious thinking of you on that trail all alone! I guess I'm just not as adventurous as you Jack! So enjoy your time BT (Before Trek) with family and have a good weekend!