Friday, January 6, 2023

The Friendly cat, shades of Stormy Daniels

  ONE of A KIND

 OSI Silver Fox Prototype


So for today:

I am walking the outside perimeter road here at the Three Flags RV Park, it is approximately a mile hike. Today I met a new friend. I have never been approached by a cat as I walked.  Many dogs, but never a cat. The independent so and so’s normally just watch me pass.

Today as I walked a black cat walked right up and looked up at me and said, “Pet me!” (Well I knew that is what it meant). So I bent down and began to rub it and asked if her name was Stormy, as in Stormy Daniels?  She just grinned.  She looked and acted just like my Stormy.  Bringing back a lot of memories.

As I petted her a neighbor & hubby walked up and asked, “Do you want her?”  I said of course, but Sherry wouldn’t be too happy with me bringing her into the motor home.

My favorite Feral. Named because she played around in our neighborhood..

The lady said she is in and out of this area and very friendly. I agreed. She said “I would take her in but my cat wouldn’t be too happy,”


The last time I saw Stormy she was sick, a very bad sore on her face. I believe she was snake bit, she stayed away from me at the last. She walked off and never came back. Her kitties are still around the house.

I talked with the couple for a while and was surprised to learn they live about 30-40 miles from Belmont.  It is a small world at times.

Stormy was underfoot a lot. ;-),  I sure miss her.

We are enjoying warm but overcast days, nice in Florida. We have about two weeks left before we head back to NC.  Lots to do before I can hit the Trail….

Hope you all are enjoying this New Year.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Well, did you decide to bring the cat home with you?

Mevely317 said...

Poor Stormy Daniels!
I'm not a believer in our souls being reincarnated ... but why not those in the animal kingdom? My little Grace reminds me so much of Caraleigh, I've been guilty of thinking ...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So sad to see a homeless cat on their own like that. Probably some other camper left it behind. Hope it finds a good home. We've got sun today but only 48 degrees this morning. BrrChill!

salemslot9 said...

I’m sorry to hear poor Stormy is gone. :(