Saturday, August 18, 2012

I am so Danged lucky!

The day Sherry picked me up, I was really beat. I cried and fussed around the house about how rough I had had it. I said I will be so sore you will have to serve me breakfast in bed.

As I was stirring our bedroom door slid open and there she stood with the tray and a full breakfast on it. I laughed (I cannot eat in bed) we came back to the table:

first day back 001

Here I am the lucky dog. Buttered Biscuit, egg scramblers covered in gravy Hot coffee and a bowl of molasses and butter already mixed, JUST FOR ME! Now ain’t she an ANGEL?  YEP!

We rode out to look over the area again. We drove to Berlin (No not Germany), New Hampshire, just up the road. We drove beside the Androscoggin River. I have not found out the reason, but about every 100 yards in the center of the river is small rock islands. Look to be mostly 10x15 feet.

first day back 002

This is a single one.

first day back 003

Over the years trees have sprouted on some.

first day back 004

The one above was about twice the size of the others, And that place is cute across the river.

first day back 005

As I took the last picture I looked across the highway and these two house just struck me as neat.

first day back 006

That is looking from the west side of the Androscoggin back at Berlin. A nice little town on a lot of HILLS.

A couple yard sales. Sherry found a Anchor Hocking casserole dish for  $2 that matches her set. I got a set of trekking poles for $1. Mine were  life savers coming down the mountains in the  rain.  Cannot have too many, I have had them cave in, after I beat too many bushes clearing the trail.

Did I tell you Sherry said “You are not doing this again without me or someone with you!” You don’t have to hit me with a board, I can take a hint.

She bought me a new pack today too! I mean it, “I AM SO DANGED LUCKY”.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

A sign posted in Germany 's Black Forest
IT IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN ON OUR BLACK FOREST CAMPING SITE THAT PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT SEX, FOR INSTANCE, MEN AND WOMEN, LIVE TOGETHER IN ONE TENT, UNLESS THEY ARE MARRIED WITH EACH OTHER FOR THIS PURPOSE.

*********************************

We  were fortunate to drive thru the Black Forest, what a beautiful place.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

cars from Charlotte 025

If I am not mistaken this is a 39 Ford +Sherry

cars from Charlotte 026

I think this is a1939 Chevy + ME

(Could that be a Pontiac?)

10 comments:

Paula said...

You are right that is Sherry. lol Yes you are one lucky man.

Louis la Vache said...

E-mail ol' «Louis» some of them biscuits and gravy, please!

«Louis» thinks that might be a 1940 Ford. Here's a 1939 Chevy. «Louis» can't identify the yellow car...He's looked at 39-40-41 Chevys, Olds, Buicks, and Pontiacs. He's stumped on this one, Jack.

Ken Riches said...

Yes, you are very lucky :o)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Sherry is glad to have you back safe. That breakfast beats trail food all to pieces.
Yep, you're lucky.

Jean said...

Good Morning Jack, this old back is keeping me up all night I think I over did it yesterday.You are a lucky guy your breakfast looks so good. Take care. Jean

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are one lucky guy for sure. Sherry helps to keep you going and you best listen to her. You are both so lucky to have each other. Hope your Sunday is a wonderful one. I'm on my camper deck watching the sun rise.

Helen said...

Sherry is good to you. My dad used to take some butter, pour syrup over it and stir it with a fork until it was a light yellow then eat it with his buttered biscuits. I like that town where the street ends at the mountain or looks like it.

Chatty Crone said...

You my friend are BLESSED! She is amazing! sandie

shirl72 said...

I agree with Sherry you don't need
to be on the trail alone. Glad
you are back, dried out and had
a good breakfast.

Remember we are getting older..

Shirl

TARYTERRE said...

The lady loves you. BREAKFAST looks yummy. You are lucky indeed. She's right about you not going it alone. Listen to her, please. take care.