Monday, February 28, 2022

Stuck again!! …&.Something heard traveling thru life….

  Car of the day

 

(Not our coach, pic taken from the web, situation the same!)

Just for today:

(Found and following MA's 'other' blog (On the Bright side  https://goodmorningsmiles.blogspot.com/. ) 

Okay, this Florida sand has got me again.  I have called for some estimates on a slab for parking. The first guy that said I will be by to look at the job TOMORROW..

……….  DIDN’T..  BUT it is something I’M Learning to live with. It sorta cuts when you grew up with, ‘my word is my bond!’ Yeah, I know things are BUSY in construction, but MOST people today are not ignorant of phones. Most folks could even call, if dangling from a rope!.

We have poured concrete. This is  only 5 yards.  Sherry and I once poured a driveway of 32 yards, in one day.  , “We could pour that much.”  I told her she might give out after a couple yards and I would have to start helping.. LOL It is up in the air, but we will do something to keep from getting stuck. Maybe head back to NC. LOL

-------     ------------     --------

 The lady said, “I cold-cocked that slut!”…

 I walked up to the door of the coach and a lady was outside. She had not knocked but called from the road, “Come out and talk a little.”  I motioned for Sherry to come with me.  “I told her we would have to leave in 10 minutes were going out to eat with Don & Evelyn.

“That’s okay, I just wanted to ask how long you had the coach and how was it?”

We told her.. and that we had had some engine problems.

She enlightened me, “You should have traded a few years ago.”  ( I love for someone to teach me hindsight,) now I will back up and do it right!  LOL

For some reason the subject of divorce came up in this short few minutes. “This is my second marriage. The first one was a disaster. He beat me for 20 years. One day my sons told me he was six houses up the road at a “WOMAN’s” house.

I marched right up there and knocked at the door. It finally opened and the lady was half dressed. I announced, “I am here to get my husband!”

“He isn’t here!”

I pushed in as he walked out of the bedroom with his pants and shoes in his hands.  I said, “Come on home, you are going to give me a divorce!”

She continued, “That LADY? Said you cannot do this in my house!.... So I drew back my fist and cold-cocked that slut and we left.”   ..........................- ;-O

I reminded her, “We have to go and meet Don and Evelyn!”

Sherry did not cold-cock her! ;-)

Nite Shipslog

PS: Stories and also Answers recorded in a Church Elementary School:

2. ADAM AND EVE WERE CREATED FROM AN APPLE TREE. NOAH'S WIFE WAS JOAN OF ARK. NOAH BUILT AND ARK AND THE ANIMALS CAME ON IN PEARS.

5 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Too funny about the children's Bible interpretations.
Wow on that stranger sharing her 'dirty laundry' with y'all! Makes me think she's no more a 'lady' than the other gal. Almost makes a body feel sorry for the husband!

PS - What you said about the 'no show, no call'? Tom and I just experienced that very thing. Sad.

yaya said...

I always thought I was the one that attracted the weirdos but I can see you do too! I cannot imagine telling anyone any of my life story...wait, I do have a blog that chronicles my life but that's different..right?? I am so tired of trying to hire workers who don't really want to work! They don't show up, they don't return phone calls and even hiring the Amish is work as they don't have phones and can fit you in when they aren't planting crops or something. Anyway, good luck with your RV and I hope it gets unstuck. We are thinking of getting our front sidewalk, which is wood, upgraded to concrete. I'm thinking we will probably be doing it ourselves!

betty said...

I just don't get why people say they are going to do something and then don't show up or call and say why. You would think they would want the business! Also don't know why some people think everyone wants to hear their life story lol :) Don't get any ideas about pouring concrete yourself :)

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Hopefully you'll figure it out and get some needed help soon. Everyone is so busy these days and it's hard to find people to help out. Take care and watch out for those strangers coming to your door. Very strange indeed. I'm glad you were able to still follow me, I always appreciate your comments !

Victor S E Moubarak said...

So sorry to hear you're having problem with your vehicle. Hope it is sorted soon.

A Mother was reading a Bible story to her young daughter. She read "The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city, but his wife looked back and was turned into a pillar of salt".

Her daughter asked, "What happened to the flea?"

God bless.