Saturday, January 27, 2024

This and that…Posted Sat eve, leaving early Sun AM

 Photo of the day

 Wandering the streets of Athens, Greece as an old sailor,  this Grandma caught my eye. She was intently watching a couple kids playing. (smart cushion for her elbows!)

Below is an Athens Street Vendor.

So for today

By the time most of you read this (on Sunday), I TRUST we will be on the road back to North Carolina.

Okay, I pressed the retract buttons and everything worked. (I actually wrote that early this morning (Sat) thinking positive.)

BUT ouch, nothing moved the motor hummed, but NADA. I looked at the panel under the coach, I knew which solenoids controlled the slide-out. So I ‘easter egged’, moving them around while saying ‘try it now,’ over and over to Sherry up in the coach. After about 15 minutes We heard a bump as I was moving my hand back. I went back in with my hand while wiggling it and the slide started in.  I must have a short or open in that area. I will check it when we get to NC. We finished up the ‘moving preps’ and left two slides out to be brought in just before we leave, I HOPE.

TO answer Brother Victor’s question about the furniture.  The furniture is stationary on the slide out floors which brings that part of the motor home back in over the main coach floor.. We MUST be careful with the throw rugs on the floor though.  If they get caught under the slide rollers it is a BIG MESS, I did it once. OUCH. I had to cut the rug up to get it out.

They have a neat trick of how they raise and lower the slide floors and they stay practically level when out.

This is a 2005 coach. It has been treated well and still looks brand new inside. This coach was mostly a vacation unit, maybe used 2-4 weeks a year. It has less than 39000 miles on it. It has been driven about 2000 miles a year.  For us that would be one trip to Dallas TX and back. LOL

The coach is easier to drive than a car, at least for me it is.  The view is much better of course, you see over the bridge rails and actually see the rivers etc.

To be truthful though, in towns and cities it isn’t quite as much fun.  Left turns are much easier than right turns. When we are towing the car, which is 99% of the time the total unit is near 60 feet long, ;-)

Nite Shipslog

PS:  Thank all of you that read here. I enjoy comments and appreciate it when I read them.

Don't know why Athens in on my mind (Just traveling I guess) but this is looking up to the Acropolis,

AND we all know kids are the same all over the world, just cute! This one with her mama at a bus stop.




 

8 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Have wondered about traveling in an RV. We talked about taking our gr-daughters on an RV trip (we have taken some fun trips with them). That was when they were about 10 or so. Now they are 18s, and I think spending sleeping in an RV with us two old folks isn't as much fun.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for the explanation, Jack. Much appreciated. Have a safe journey and see you again when you get there. Keep us posted.

Thank you also for the Greece photos. That's history in picture form.

God bless always.

Mevely317 said...

Like Victor (or Desi) said, THANKS for the 'splanation!
You've such a great eye for detail; that first image of the Athenian grandmother looks like it belongs at an art exhibit!

Travel safely!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So glad you got the bump to slide and hopefully have left for your trip to N.C. I'm wishing you a safe journey and will be interested to see the results of the test. God Bless you Both!

Lisa said...

Save travels back home.

Lisa

Chatty Crone said...

That photo should be in Time Magazine.
Hope your other two sliders - SLID!

happyone said...

Sorry your slide out didn't work at first but glad you finally got it going.
Save travels!!

yaya said...

I hope you're safely on the road home and all is working well in your home on wheels! I'm half Greek and maybe that lady looking our the window was a great Grandma in my Mom's family. We do have some family in Athens although Crete is the home of my Grandparents. Happy Sunday you two!