Monday, January 29, 2024

We had a safe landing

 Photo of the day

These kids live in Taranto, Italy  I was joking with them They were outside a candy store, kids are the same the world over.


So for today

We drove straight thru except for stopping twice to give ‘Flying J truck stop’ some money. Do you keep up with gas mileage on your car or truck?  My navigator Sherry does.  I am  Very disappointed in our gas mileage, we get about 6,5 miles to a gallon.  On the Diesel we averaged about 8 MPG.  But since gas cost is now much less than diesel, I guess the cost is about even.

The trip was uneventful until the last 12 miles. I did a big NO NO but made it out okay. I ran a red light with our rig. IN MY DEFENSE, we were approaching an intersection that WAS ONCE a ‘T’ at the traffic light. Back then you had to turn right or left. I saw the green GO light and started my turn, before realizing the turn light was RED. So I made a left turn on RED. But since no traffic was involved, I made it fine.

BUT still it gave me cause to BE MORE CARFUL.

Anyway we are at our NC home. I have some BIG limbs down and a lot of work in that area.  I get to use my burn pit, I enjoy the outside fires.  It is similar in mind easing to watching a water fall. I do enjoy both.

Take care and all y’all try to be good!

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:  Thank all of you that read here. I enjoy comments and appreciate it when I read them.Plane leaving the angle catapult  and below that is a plane coming in for a landing. You have to give those carrier pilots credit for skil landing on a moving runway..

The planes had a tail hook and the deck has three heavy cables to catch them. If he misses all three he MUST give it every thing for power and take off again. I never did see that happen.

8 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thankfully, you arrived safely. Praise the Lord. Take some time to relax now and no heavy work.

God bless.

salemslot9 said...

When I traveled with my folks
my stepfather liked to keep track
when we stopped at gas station 🚙

Mevely317 said...

Whew! ... that no police was eyeballing the intersection!
I really appreciate you checking in. Anytime a loved one/friend is travelling the not-so-friendly roads, I say a little prayer.

PS - Those take-offs and landings aboard the ship fascinate and terrify me at the same time. I wonder how on earth someone practices for that?!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my I am so glad you made it home safe.
Hey you were lucky no officer was there, but I bet it is hard to stop that RV!

happyone said...

Glad you arrived safely. No we don't keep track of gas milage anymore but we used to.
We have a fire pit and we enjoy burning things in it too. :)

Glenda Hulbert said...

Fortunately Okeechobee has no issues with a burn pile, when my youngest brother David Luke was here, he cut a mountain of Mexican Sunflower plants that were overdue for a trimming.
Today I put a hunka bunk load of those branches, now dried on a fire in the gulley out back, got a great bonfire going and ultimately, it was exhausted (so wasI). good night Shipsloggers, thinking of you two and wishing you well.
following seas...warm hugs, Glenda

yaya said...

I'm glad you're home safe and I know you won't mind being busy cleaning up limbs and having a fire. Yes, a fire can be very soothing...like the ocean! Just don't overdo it!

Lisa said...

Welcome home! Glad yall made it. I think we all have ran a red light before. It gives you a scary afterthought.
I love fire pits. I have been trying to get Nick to get us one.

From near and far
Lisa