Thursday, January 18, 2024

What’s it worth?

 Photo of the day

 My mama could laugh!


So for today:

That good laugh?  Remember what it was truly worth? Laughter is good for the soul. If you have aged, you will at least snicker. One of my BD Cards:

    And on the inside it continued:


.....Cards like this start showing up on your

                 Birthday!

 

You appreciate a good laugh, especially when you need one, and I have needed one.

Remember the advice from that wise parent or friend? Remember friendly advice and laughs?  There is no price on the results, the riches in love and peace of mind cannot be measured.

I just received a note from my nephew Steve that I appreciate as much as anything I have heard in a long time. Steve's dad became my best friend.  I told Steve many times how I missed his dad, now to this day not a day goes by that I do not think of Sonny. I just got a note: "I never understood what you really meant when you said you missed my dad, Now I know what you mean."  (Steve lost his best friend last year, and he misses Hank more than he can express.)


..... remember  some advice, I do......

That time we went to a Chaplain for advice on our marriage, he asked Sherry to leave the room.  Then he said, “What the hell is wrong with you Chief?  You have a wonderful wife. You had better pay attention and get you ass in gear!” It wasn’t that short, but about the same words.  I took his advice. I have NEVER regretted it.

There are things in life worth more than money, Peace of Mind. We have endured something in the past two years ; alone? I am not sure how it would have played out. But having a shoulder to lean on has made all the difference. 

I am getting to the point I can laugh again. Feels GOOD!

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:  God has allowed us to meet some of the best folk on the planet; in person and here on the net.  Thank you all for being here, the prayers, the comments … and being YOU!

 

Title  

 

 A picture from the Trail.

 

 

For Today:

NiteShipslog

PS:  

5 comments:

Susie said...

Jack, I just sent the very same card to my little brother. But I wrote inside telling him to slow down cause he was catching up to us older siblings. One of my siblings has been coming to me for advise lately. I just tell her to bite her tongue lots when it involves family. If it's nit picking or small stuff. Keep laughing my friend. Hold your sweetheart tight. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

I lost my best friend - my soul sister two years ago - I miss her every day. Yes you have to laugh it keeps you healthy. Hold on to Sherri!

Mevely317 said...

Oh man, I can identify with that greeting card! Before the internet, a big source of entertainment was going to the Hallmark store and reading all the humorous cards.

True. No matter how much we care, we can't truly understand what another is experiencing ... their emotions. I'm so happy you're learning to re-discover humor in the everyday. What's that old song, "You've got to AC-centuate the postive, E-liminate the negative ..."

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Laughter is truly the best medicine. I laugh qt some everyday even if it is only at myself. Getting old gives me lots to laugh about. I love that card, it sums it all up.! Keep on laughing no matter what else you do!

happyone said...

Laughter and friends, we are blessed to have them.