Saturday, August 31, 2013

I think

1. Therefore  I am.

2. I am happier working  than any other time. (excluding the private time with my girl of  course)

3. I am envious of those who can live in the moment.

4. Once we QUIT traveling I want a big car, one of the last large Cadillac's or Lincoln’s. They are quieter and I may can hear better.

5. I am the luckiest guy in the world, I really mean that.

6. It is hard to answer the question, ‘What is the most interesting place you have seen?’ Because in their own way they are all the most interesting.

7. I want a bigger RV. But I know we do not need it. And we would have to finance it and that is out of the question. We LIVE debt free, and have for years.

8. People who are head over heels in debt are as happy as I, because they can accept it and it does not put them under stress.

9. One day, I will learn that everyone in my family is not going to do what I expect, and live with that. (that is probably the hardest thing for me to accept in this whole world!)Angry smile

10. I enjoy tucking my girl in bed more than I did the kids. (Surprised smile).

11. I have the most beautiful girl in the world.Winking smile

12. Trying to keep up with the proper foods for me to eat, according to all the studies, IS ACTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

13. I will be totally deaf and become a hermit.

I think a lot more things, of course, but some are unprintable. Confused smile

BUT/AND I THINK having internet friends is very close to having close physical friends.  I enjoy you  guys.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

I think life is good and I think we should enjoy it instead of borrowing trouble from tomorrow. I think how many times I worried about something that NEVER happened. (ever do that?)

******************************************************

1909_Packard_M18_Runabout-apr20a

1909 cars. Above the Packard below the Ford.

1909FordModelT-c

It is hard to believe my dad was about 6 years old then, and had NEVER seen an automobile. In North Georgia the horse and wagon was still the mode of travel.

6 comments:

Dar said...

I am happier working than not, also. when I was layed up due to my back surgery, I was miserable, not liking idle hands. the list of "NOT to do" was just too long.
Glad I'm just about back to normal.
I love my man like you love your SherryGal. We have been blessed. and the Packard is cool but I love that Ford and our Ram. Don't tell 'me pappy'~he was a Chevy man.
Sooo glad we got to meet you two for real...life is divine

TARYTERRE said...

We ENJOY you too! GREAT thoughts.

Chatty Crone said...

I am with you on 1-2-3 and 9! HAHA

Mevely317 said...

I like the way you think, Jack! ... especially, the way you call Sherry, "my girl."

Funny you should mention being close to "internet friends." I've been thinking a lot about that myself lately; and realized I'm closer to many folk I may never, ever meet than I am those with whom I brush shoulders every day. Suppose it's on account we can be totally ourselves? (For me, at least.)

Thank YOU for being as near as a keystroke! :)
... and have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Every place is the most interesting in its own way--I like that.
Maybe the person up to his eyeballs in debt is happy, but his/her spouse is going absolutely bonkers!!!!!!
I'm with you on the food. Just got introduced to the "ketogenic" diet. I don't plan to adopt it wholesale, but I think I will add some more bacon to my diet. I think I'm at the point that I'm just going to eat what I want. Somebody, somewhere has probably determined that what I'm eating is actually healthy.
I'm happy working, but I can also sit quietly and watch nature and be very content.
And I agree; internet friends are great!

bonnie k.

Louis la Vache said...

You are a great internet friend to many of us, Jack!

«Louis» is always happy when you post of photo of a Packard (or a Studebaker) on the blog!