Friday, August 9, 2013

The Doggie in the window!


dogincar2
"Dogs Welcome" 
Friend Lucy wrote a letter to a small hotel she planned to visit on her vacation.
She wrote: My husband Joe and I would very much like to bring our dog Spunky with us.
He is well-groomed and very well behaved.
Would you be willing to permit us to keep him in the room at night?"

BeagleZoeyPuppycouch

An immediate reply came from the hotel owner, who wrote:
MAM: "I've been operating this hotel for many years. In all that time, I've never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes, silverware or pictures off the walls.
I've never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night for being drunk and disorderly.
And I've never had a dog run out on a hotel bill.
Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at my hotel.
And, if your dog will vouch for you & Joe, you're welcome to stay here, too."

***************************************dogincar1

We had a family cat up until I was about 5 yrs old. Tom (I’ll bet there were millions of Toms’) was a roaming cat. Sometimes inside sometimes out. He got some scraps off the table, but mostly he lived off bugs and mice. I think back then most cats did.  He would let me hold him and listen to his ‘motor’, well the purring sounded like that to me.

about to be annoyed

(He is about to get annoyed)

We moved 30 or 40 miles away to a country church and took Tom with us. Upon our arrival I turned him loose and he immediately ran away. It was months before I saw Tom again. He had made his way back to the home he had known, and there he stayed.

New Folder (2) 004

(I guess that is the only picture of Bingo)

We also had a dog, Bingo. Loved that dog. She was a mixed breed mostly Terrier dad said. Dogs don’t have a motor, but they are still fun to hold close to you. There is nothing like a pet. They comfort when no one else understands. Bingo got real sick and Dad had to put her down.

aceaaa

Then my aunt Anne Mae gave me a Cocker Spaniel, I named him Ace. My best friend ever. Beagles like to chase rabbits, Spaniels love to chase anything with wings, Chickens were Ace’s bird of choice. So I had to keep an eye on him. He was poisoned by a neighbor, I hated that man for years.

Casco was the last dog that was mine. He also was a Cocker.

A dog loves

If you need a friend, pick a dog. they won’t run away and will love you even at the worst of times. I cannot say that for a cat. I admire the cat’s independence, but they ain’t gonna do a lot of loving. At least that is my experience. LOL

Basset_Fetcher

(and you will get tired of playing before the dog)

Thanks for stopping by.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

You can do something real stupid and your dog will still think you are the BEST!

say what

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

dogincar3

The first thing I thought of  when I saw this picture was, “I hope the dog driving the white taxi notices the lady in Blue and stops!”  What did you see?

9 comments:

Rose said...

The story about the hotel owner was cute and funny!

Did you really mean to say the lady in blue???? hehehehehehhehe

I see that your camera noticed the lady in white real good. LOL

Paula said...

Cute story about Spunky. Ohhh I don't know about your opinion of cats.

Chatty Crone said...

You have my HEART tonight - I love love love dogs and cats. It was nice hearing about your pups! sandie

Jackie said...

I love dogs and cats, my friend...BUT (you probably knew this was coming)I do not want to stay in a hotel that has had pets in the room. Just me. I always inquire whether the hotel allows pets, and if it does, I pass.
But...I do love pets....outside of our home.
Hugs,
Jackie

Lucy said...

Our German Shepard had the most compassion for me when my son was dieing.. I came home from his place and sat down and cried. Max just got up and put his head in my lap and stared up at me.. Just petting him helped. Jack is right, we do love our Beagle but we have, all of our dogs. However the shepards were the most sensitive to feelings. Not mean but protective. Our Beagle is one spoiled dog because e will be our last dog.

Patty said...

I love animal stories. We had a dog, bless her heart she lived to be 23 years old, vet said that was the oldest dog he ever took care of.

As for the photo of the Lady(?)all I see is a rather large butt. LOL And it almost looks like no underwear, shame, shame. LOL You can tell I was born and have lived in Ohio all of my life except for about a year when my husband had to finish out his army hitch in Baltimore MD.

I got here from Jackie's blog.

shirl72 said...

I commented and commented and it
left the screen and told me to
sign in...I guess it didn't recognize
me.

shirl72 said...

I don't know why we didn't teach
our dogs how to drive. That would
have been fun. That is a good
picture of Mother and you holding
Bingo. I forget we were not born
this age. hee hee

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are fortunate to have some pictures of your dogs. I wish I had more, but I never used to take many pictures. Now I'm taking them all the time. Had to laugh at the picture at the end of your post...Truthfully, I wondered why you put it there until I read what you had to say and then looked again and saw that dog in the care. Hoping you are enjoying your stay in beautiful Ohio!