Monday, December 22, 2014

Family is good company

Son Jack is down. I think he plans a week here. Then around Christmas day, we are expecting son Mark.
(Dad, mom, Sherry, Mark (L) & Jack ®)
Scanoldphoto3 010Scanoldphoto3 030
We will enjoy the hugs and laugh a lot. As we have aged, these sorta spontaneous get togethers are more and more important.  Sherry and I both say the boys (Now in the mid 50 yrs old range) are beginning to be as much fun as they were when they were kids. Suddenly they are nice people, AGAIN. Surprised smileSmile.
SAN ANTONIO THURSDAY 048 - Copy (2)
(Mom and her two boys Mark and Jack at the Little Red Barn in San Antonio.)
We are hoping this summer to take another trip with them. This time out to the Badlands, Crazy Horse monument and Mt. Rushmore.  Maybe a side trip to the Devil’s Tower.
100_0636100_0629100_0676_0001
(Badlands (l), Sonny and the Devil’s Tower)
100_0689
(I am anxious to see what progress has been made on Crazy Horse)
South of Rushmore is Custer State Park that is a great place with lots of great wild life. The big stuff Elk, Buffalo, Mt. Goats and wild Mules.
100_0725 - Copy
(Colette & Sonny at Rushmore)
A couple years ago on our way to San Antonio to show them the Alamo and River Walk we took Jack Jr. to Biloxi, MS where he was born, this trip we will head North in Missouri to show Mark his birthplace in Kirksville, MO.  The last time we were through there they were tearing the Hospital down, maybe they were just remodeling it, I hope so.
Anyway here I sit thinking of the future. That is easy for me to do. I love thinking about heading across country again.  Looking for an interesting place to spend the night or stop for a quick look. I think I know the time is fast approaching when I can no longer do that.
Anyway, thanks for stopping by to check out the ramblings at the Log.
Nite Shipslog
PS:
As age comes on you, life becomes very precious.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
painted-trucks-illusion-7
3-D Truck paintings (did I already show this one?)
nativity1
Another nativity scene, Merry Christmas!

10 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

ENJOY the time spent with your sons. Sounds like you have your summer planned. It'll be a wonderful trip, I'm sure.

Paula said...

No you didn't already show that one. Of course I love the picture in Little Red Barn. It is so nice you and Sherry are able to spend time with your boys.

shirl72 said...

Glad the boys are able to come
and spend Christmas together.
I know you all will have lots of
fun. JJ is funny with his jokes.
He ask me to call him Sat. and
remind him what time I arrive from
my trip Sunday. Hope you have a
good Christmas I will be leaving
tomorrow...Tell everybody hello.

Cindi said...

One of our favorites trips was camping in SD with our sons when they were little. Mt Rushmore is so amazing. It's incredible what man can make. Im excited to see your pics regarding the progress on the Crazy Horse. I was in awe at the Alamo, it surprised me how small it was, the cots/rooms so tiny and cramped. 'Wishing' you the best with your family...Merry Christmas

Chatty Crone said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

So what age are your boys when the kids become fun again?

Glad they will be there for Christmas and hope you make it on another trip!

Mevely317 said...

Ah Jack, your mention of the 'boys' becoming fun again just cracked me up!

Isn't planning for a trip and mapping out an itinerary great fun? ... Sometimes the anticipation rivals the actual show. (Tho' I don't think that would ever happen to the Darnell's!)

Wishing y'all a WONDER-full Christmas celebration. Thank you for being such an amazing friend!

Love from Phoenix,
Myra

betty said...

I have enjoyed the nativity scenes you have posted over this time, Jack; truly the most important focus of this season with Jesus' birth.

So glad both of your sons will be celebrating Christmas with you two! So true that spending time with loved ones is such a special thing to cherish and appreciate as much as we can!

Your trip you are planning seems like a good one with lots of great places to visit or revisit!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I agree with you, FAMILY is good company. I'll be seeing most of mine for a one day celebration the Saturday after Christmas this year. We'll all get together at my daughter's house. That will be those of us that live in Ohio. Some have a good distance to travel. The two out of state won't make it home at all. They will be missed. I hope you all have a Merry time of it there ! Merry Christmas !

Rick Watson said...

That sounds like a fund trip Jack. Jilda and I want to go to Colorado next year to visit one of our friends who just moved there.

Her place looks incredible. I'd like to drive out since we haven't done that before.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Rick

salemslot9 said...

isn't it funny
how families seem
to come full circle...

Happy Christmas
from Michigan

Lisa, John & kitties