Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Finally, a FINAL!



Little Known Facts:
1.    A Boeing 767 airliner is made of 3,100,000 separate parts.
2.    The first FAX machine was patented in 1843, 33 years before Alexander Graham Bell demonstrated the telephone.
3.    Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt.

Shucks, tonight I have nothing to gripe about. Mr Inspector was EARLY. He was actually on sight at 0800. I had just arrived.  The first thing he asked (smiling) was, "Are you  in a better mood. I hope you are not going to throw things."


 (sometimes we don't see eye to eye!)

 I wasn’t happy the last time and once did throw all my paper work on the deck and say fairly loudly, ‘This is stupid, I promised my grandson I would get him past the final and I would be on my way to Lynchburg by now.


Anyway this morning he breezed thru the ‘corrections’ gave us a full bill of health and now the permit is history, all final inspections complete.  We parted friends. I sent his boss a hard copy of the AT and gave Mike, the inspector, a copy of Rags.  Funny how once the final was done the rough path getting here is vague.  I hate to carry a grudge and hard feelings.  (But he did upset me a couple times in the inspection process.) 

It must be sorta like you ladies giving birth, at times the pain must be excruciating, but once the mother sees the baby, the tough part is history. I read a good one today:
When a lady goes thru natural child birth, they now knows how the husband feels when he has a cold!  OUCH! 


Next Adventure? I am trying to reseat our windshield on the coach. Once that is done, our plans are to head for Lynchburg, Virginia.  Maybe I will learn why they named the city Lynchburg.  I am so ready to be ON THE ROAD again, like Rick’s last post.

I often wonder why that gives me such a nice calm feeling, even in traffic. In the last week or so I have been in the middle of commuter traffic, and never once got upset, I love it. I mean I love the fact I did not get yelling mad at some pushy/bully drivers.  I just let them go and smile. Many drivers in this area have a NASCAR mind-set.  Aiming and darting while daring anyone to cut in front of them.


It is such a great feeling to have 7 Saturdays and one Sunday! Life is good.

Goodnite Shipslog
                                                  1933 Ford!

8 comments:

betty said...

Glad everything went well with the inspection and the permit is in place. What a relief that was indeed!

betty

Paula said...

I too am glad you have that inspection behind you and will be on the road soon since you love it so.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad all is done and everything passed inspection. Now you can get on the road. Wishing you the best and hoping you have a great trip!

Dar said...

Ummmmm, about natural childbirth and a man's cold........let's not go there. lol anyway, elated that the inspection passed. I knew it would, afterall, look who the contractor was. Great job! Now, what a fine specimen in that final picture...the man isn't bad either.
love ya from up north where we'll be weeding in the heat today. Have a greater day than the 'first' inspection day. ;)

TARYTERRE said...

Glad that the inspection is over and you passsed with flying colors.

Mevely317 said...

YEAY! That was a really nice gesture, gifting the inspector and his boss with your books.
I hope Mr. Inspector takes this as a lesson for better customer relations. (or not... They scare me!)

Chatty Crone said...

Okay I am a little behind - are you building something that you need an inspection for and where are you going?

Lisa said...

Wheew! Glad thats out of the way. I bet that inspector was hoping it would all pass this time just as much as you did. Now you can get on the road.
Have a safe trip!
Lisa