Sunday, July 2, 2017

Soon to be 241st USA Birthday!



Little known facts:
1.   Penguins can jump as high as six feet in the air.
2.   All polar bears are left-handed.
3.     An eagle can kill a young deer and fly carrying it.



Son Mark just came in from Florida.  He stops by our house in Deltona to check on it as he passes.  This time he had BAD news. When he turned on the water, one of the water lines popped off at Sherry’s dressing table. And flooded the master bedroom. He dried out the room and left the water off before coming on in last night.


What hurts the most is that I AM THE PLUMBER, and IT  is my fault, that should not have happened.  I am controlling the impulse to run back down and repair the problem.  But I know it is okay for now, the water is off and no one is planning to use it over the fourth.  (I have a neat idea, about a quick trip back down to Florida and back I will drop on the folks here after the 4th cookout we have planned.)

Speaking of the Fourth. Isn’t this a great country? We of the USA have had our problems since 1776 but we have held onto our freedoms.  Some may say we are no longer free, but I don’t think that is said by anyone who has traveled in areas where travel is restricted. We still have freedom of speech, Religion, press and travel. 


Not all counties have clothing, grocery and general merchandise stores stocked with anything they need. Relatively speaking our fuel for vehicles is reasonable.


And to the delight of most of the USA we have all kinds of fast food you can imagine.  We have some of the most exclusive eateries to those who can and want to spend the money for those delicacies. We can travel at all hours of the day and night without restrictions.

This is a wonderful country. I am proud of the constitution, the government and our flag. I love the USA.
Happy Birthday coming up, to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
            Nite Shipslog



9 comments:

betty said...

I do thank God often for the fact I live in a country that can freely worship him. I hope that will always be the case!

Glad Mark was able to check on your house. Imagine what would have happened if he didn't and you discovered the problem on your next trip down there!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Hope you don't make that trip until you have to. It will wait and the water is off. I too am proud to be an American. We do have a lot to be proud of. We are really a young country when you compare us to others. Makes me wonder what we may become when we are as old as they are. Hopefully our founding fathers got it right and we will remain one nation under God. Land of the proud and the free.

shirl72 said...

I am thank to live in a Country where we have freedom. I am also thankful for all my blessings. I hope you get the problem fixed but be careful...

Woody said...

We rented a house in Okeechobee, went over to Port St. Lucie for the day, when we got back and I opened the back door it was like a Sauna, the Hot Water Line under the Kitchen sink popped loose, it was the Grey Swedge plastic plumbing, Lucky as it must of just happened when we were pulling in as there was very little water spilling out from under the sink, Shut off main water as there was NO inside shut off to any of the faucets. Lucky it took maybe 6 to 8 bath towels to clean up water and some white plumbers tape to rehook and re-tighten the connection.
not much going on, you all take care down there !!!!
Gary & Anna Mae

Mevely317 said...

Aw Jack, please don't go beating yourself up. That's probably happened to more folks than they'd like us to believe.

I feel so blessed to be able to call the U.S. of A. my home!

Paula said...

Nice post, I'm so thankful I live in the USA. My whole house flooded once. Three men stayed until 2:30 in the morning getting all the furniture out into the garage and putting fans and drains going to the bathroom sinks. It was a mess but even at that I had to be thankful I didn't loose but one piece of furniture.

Dar said...

I cannot even imagine a flooded home or even just one room. I wouldn't worry about it tho since you know the water is turned off and the rest can wait.
Do have a safe and wonderful 4th, our dear, dear friends.
love n' hugs from up north where the temps are in the upper 80's and the hay is getting put up in the loft. Life is good.

TARYTERRE said...

a shame about the flood. i think a trip to repair it is in order as long as you don't rush to it.

Rick Watson said...

We do live in a great land.
R