Monday, July 17, 2017

Passed one, Failed one NOT GOOD



Little known facts:
1.    23% of all photocopier faults world-wide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.
2.    71% of office workers stopped on the street for a survey agreed to give up their computer passwords in exchange for a chocolate bar.
3.    The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

Tonight I have nothing, Oh the little building passed the final inspection, HOWEVER  it failed the Electrical  final.

Surprise Surprise. The little house was wired well. It conformed to ALL residential codes for homes. AH, but I have been YELLING this is a workshop. (I have never built a workshop before, neither has son Mark.) So today Mr. Inspector informed me a workshop has stricter codes than a house,……………….. WHAT?

A trip to Lowes and minus $136 I walked out with a Weather Resistant GFI, along with Two GFCI breakers.  You may or may not be familiar with the GFCI. You have at least one outlet in the kitchen, bath and outside protected by the GFI outlets or breakers. Those are required by national codes.  That is only Three or four required in your home. The kicker for the Workshop is ALL outlets must be GFI protected. Say that to an electrician and he sees $$$$ signs in his head.  LOL

For over 100 years houses have had one round rod. That is an eight foot copper or galvanized rod driven in the ground and attached to your power panel with a copper ground wire.  Mr Inspector tells me YES you have two ground rods as the law requires, but yours are four feet apart, The law says put them 6 feet apart.
So tomorrow I will comply…. You do what you have to do. (sometimes you complain)

Nite Shipslog

9 comments:

jack69 said...

I am beat tonight again. for the first time (that I can remember) I feel OLD. I will get around to my regular routine and read blogs but tonight I am BEAT (again)

Mevely317 said...

No worries! Sweet dreams!
I've gotta ask Tom to translate what you just wrote, anyway. LOL!

betty said...

I understood what you were saying :) But that's only because of buying 2 houses and selling 1 house recently and having to make sure things complied with what they had to comply with.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

soon the little house will pass inspection and you'll be on to the next thing.

Lisa said...

Ah man! Thats so aggravating. Im sure you will get it all up to code soon. But hey, you did learn something new!
Get some rest.

From hazy gtown
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Just when you thought you had it right you learned something new. That's so true...always something new to learn. The older I get the more I find I don't know much at all. We had to put GFI's in the old house before selling it. Lived there over 20 years with out them and everything was fine. Who knew???

Paula said...

Oh what a headache. Hope you got some rest and didn't worry about it all.

Dar said...

You'll get it all worked out....tomorrow. Rest!
love n' hugs from up north...the fence is done, no more worries of the deer eating our pumpkin blossoms. We even got some needed rain to water the gardens...every plant is smiling again.
Sleep tight.

Rick Watson said...

Pencil pushers are a blight.
R