Monday, May 8, 2023

A wandering mind, Life is unfair, they say


1961 Metropolitan Convertible[



 For today:

I have made the mistake of reading and watching some news in the past few weeks.  Too bad too, because they want to mess with my head.

There was a time that news was reported.  Now it seems that news ends up being opinions of the new announcer or network.

I have enough sense to know that things like race relations and sexual orientations have changed over the years. A lot of it good, some of it bad.  My problem is my mind set. I wish we all could just live our lives; each of us is one, a minority.  No two of us are alike.  It would just be nice if we all would just realize that, and live our lives.  There seems to have been gay folk as far back as recorded history. They still lived their lives and handled their own situation the best they could. 

I saw a man when I was about 8 years old, he sold china and pottery in Forest City or Spindale, NC. He had been born with no arms. He worked the cash register with his feet. wrapped and bagged the goods he sold. I could see a great attitude in this man and I was just a kid.

Siamese Twins Daisy and Violet Hilton worked back to back cash registers at the Park and Shop Supermarket in Charlotte, NC. I never heard a complaint from them nor about them. They were two beautiful ladies.  They accepted their situation and lived their lives the best they could. 

Picture from Millican Historical Records.

 

Why can’t we face life? When I was a kid I was SELDOM (if ever) chosen first for sports teams.  I had to accept the fact that Woodsy could pitch better than me and learn that Newt could field better than I.

Some one sitting on the bench during the big game, may one day sit behind a desk when the star player applies for a loan, who knows?  Life sure does, not everyone is a star, and then not everyone can balance their bank books either.

Kids should be taught to face life and make the best of their station, talents, size and finances. You had better learn in life that there are ‘favorites’ too. I was a General Contractor in Belmont, NC. I learned quickly the city council would allow names like Lineberger and Stowe to get permits where I would have been refused, legally.

Try applying for the same job that the boss’s favorite nephew applies for; see who gets the job.  There will always be situations you feel are unfair, deal with it, get over it. 

I am preaching to the mirror now, I must learn to deal with my situations too, many people have been hit much harder in life than I. That is the NEWS as I see it today!!!

Nite Shipslog

PS: I always wanted to be 6’ 4” tall, good looking and 190 pounds of pure muscle.  Oh well 140 pounds without a walking cane ain’t bad.  LOL

6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I like to think that life is what we make it. With a good attitude anything can happen. It all depends on us... Some are winners some are losers, but it's how we play the game of life that matters. I just keep on doing the best I can!

Chatty Crone said...

Sometimes Jack I feel life is changing and I don't want to accept it. I want it to stop! I admit I miss the good old days and I feel bad for the generation of today.

Mevely317 said...

Like Sandie just said! Today's young people don't know what they missed; perhaps that's a blessing. Me? I'm just humbled and honored to be among those people like you who remember .....and hold one another up when we most need it.

Glenda said...

This is one post that made a smile come to my face, giggled at most of it. What a great way to end the day having time to read your words ~ It's been hectic 'round here.
My final visit from the Home Health Nurse is tomorrow. My new (local Cardio Doc is a delightful guy). Going to bed early, setting the alarm to get up early. You two have a sweet and romantic night! God Bless, Glenda

Victor S E Moubarak said...

People these days expect too much. They want it all and they want it now.

God bless.

yaya said...

Yes, life isn't always fair and I don't think it's suppose to be. How would we learn how to get through the hard times? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, or so "they" say. I always ask myself this question when bad things happen or life doesn't go as I want it too..."What am I suppose to learn from this experience?"