Saturday, May 20, 2023

Wit and Statesmen

 Today’s Automobile:

 1951 Buick LeSabre



Looks like a cool car, but I never saw one in real life...

(First: Thanks for all the comments on yesterday's entry, many very good points brought up! And yes we have a son who was given custody of his sons for a good reason!)

Just some background:

Possibly I have been witty 'in type' once or twice, BUT seldom ‘on my feet!’  I know some witty folks; friend Joe Carver, and also my grand kids.  In my youth the witty one was Buddy S. He was quick with wit! J

  I have saved these quotes for years. I thought this would be a good time:

       There’s no elevator to success.  You have to take the stairs.” – Unknown


·         “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell

Colon took a lot of licks, but he was a great military leader and a REAL American Under different circumstances he would have been a very good leader.




“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness…”

Thomas Jefferson

·         “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy

·         Success is a ladder that cannot be climbed with your hands in your pocket.” – Mark Caine

·         “The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.” – Mark Twain 


·         “The starting point of all achievement is desire.” – Napoleon Hill

Words are very important. The Lord knows I pray and wish for A STATESMAN for our country.  One who knows how to choose words and draw us together.  Unless one arrives pretty soon, the list is short or blank.

I listened to a loud mouth spending minutes telling me our Government was killing us thru the Covid Vaccine.  With that detailed speech quoting scientists (supposedly). If what he said was true we would see bodies lying up and down the streets. Cars wrecked with drivers dropping dead. Planes falling out of the sky because pilots who took the shots died unexpectedly.  Oh yes and me, since I took the shot and booster. I have NO CHANCE! (OUCH)

In the USA we have freedom of speech. In the past few years Conspiracy theories abound. I truly love the USA and have never thought for a minute that our leaders would  plan to kill off any of it's inhabitants. We can overcome the present divisiveness, it has been done before.

Remember:
·         “Success comes in cans; failure in can’ts” – Wilfred Peterson

And my favorite in the past few years:
RR knew how to work with both sides of the Aisle. 

Nite Shipslog

PS: I hope I heard wrong as I listened to the loudmouth above, but that is what I heard.

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I pray for our country because I think we are at a critical point in our lives. I pray that a strong statesman comes forward that can work both sides of the fence, so to speak. We need to become cohesive and not have someone that divides the country. We need someone who is nimble in their thinking and has business sense as well as a sense of deportment and good morals.
I hope you and Sherry are both doing well.
When I first saw that car I thought it was a Tucker. His life story was pretty interesting and I didn't realize there were other single headlight autos made besides the Tucker (which never really made it). Hugs- Diana

Susan Kane said...

Crazy car! How many were produced and used? Heck of a thing.

Some great people said some great things.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

People will believe what they want to believe. (Who said that first? I think I did).

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

Lots of wisdom here! Of course, I'm partial to the late great Ronald Reagan -- but God bless each of these men who left their footprints on our nation's history.

Mevely317 said...

PS - You didn't identify the 'loudmouth', but this column prompted me to do some investi-Googling. If it's who I think, I sure feel sorry for his esteemed family.