Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Amazing how families grow

Above is the 1937 chevy below the  37 Ford

For today:

Sherry and I were married as teenagers (17 and 18). In York, SC.  WE honeymooned during my tour with the USMC. A couple years later (In the USAF) Jack Jr. was born in Biloxi, MS. Then a couple years while living in Kirksville, MO, Mark David came along. It is hard to believe that now over 66 years after we were married the family has grown to a crowd (about 25 methinks!! My girl will correct the numbers!)

(above family picture from years ago when we all in the NC area flew out to visit the bunch in UTAH.  Utah has some magnificent country to see.)

Sadly, Corey, our first grandson that Jack’s first wife Carol brought into the family passed away over a year ago.  His family is still in Utah, in the Clearfield area.  The rest of the family is now in the central NC area near Charlotte.

Big changes in the last few months. The oldest of the grands is now back in NC and already has a job and settling in.  Grandson Stephen, one of the twins moved to Knoxville a few years ago to manage a Music Store. He suffered a big setback due to the pandemic and the new store he managed was closed.  He now has a new job here in the Charlotte area and is settling less than a mile from Ben, bringing his family of 4 back.

So now all of Jack Jr’s boys are back and near.  Mark’s family never left the area so THEY are all up there and we are here in Florida. LOL

(I ENJOY THIS BUNCH, Below is me dancing in the rain with GGrand Stella. She is growing and a star ball player now.)

Watching how our family has grown, I cannot imagine MA ( https://goodmorningsmiles.blogspot.com/.) keeping up with her brood!

Sherry knows all the names, ages and birthdays. Me? I am lucky to remember their names, but I sure love this bunch.

We have a bright spot on our schedule, if all goes well in the next few weeks here in Florida, we will head to NC for a few days to see our Elsie Mae who is visiting her dad Ben.  Then we are going to give ourselves a vacation in the Lancaster area of Pennsylvania.  We will take in the latest play at Sight and Sound and hopefully the fall crop of Corn is in and we can have some delicious Pennsylvania corn, on the cob.

We have friends there, Dal and Marian. They were married about the same time as us and we served together in the USMC.  Dan & Joan also, Dan was my leading Chief in Naval Intelligence, We served with them in the USN in Georgia and Key West. Both couples have great families.

We are gonna relax, we deserve it. ;=)

 Nite Shipslog

6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Yes, you certainly do! (Deserve it, I mean.) Isn't it wonderful having somethings and some-ones to look forward to seeing?

Yours is a beautiful family, but that picture of you and Stella dancing in the rain is priceless -- probably my favorite of all you've shown.

Like the lyricist said, "Gray skies are gonna clear up!"

Susan Kane said...

Your family photo is so precious. Dancing in the rain is the best. My gr-daughter and I danced in the sprinklers here in the retirement/old people community. Someone took a photo of us. Glad to see your words and hear more about your diverse life.

Chatty Crone said...

You do deserve to rest and take some time off and to go see your WONDERFUL and LARGE family!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Enjoy your holiday with your family, my friend. Have fun and try to laugh a lot.

God bless you and your family always.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank you for the mention of me and my large family. It's not easy keeping up with them. They all are married and have families of their own. It's a large fanukt fir share /1 I'm hoping we can all be together again for my 80th birthday next year. Rarely do I get to see them all at one time. Only two of them live close by but they do have children I get to see often. I have 21 grandchildren but no great grands yet. So our family has the possibility of getting larger. Good luck on your trip! Enjoy your family and friends!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sorry about the typos, that was meant to say, they are a large family for sure !