Saturday, December 27, 2008

Beautiful day

Stephen, Joshua, Matt, Me, Corey at the fair.
Lennie, Sherry and Me in upper Mass.

Colette and Sonny at Kennebunkport, ME. That is the Bush's house in the background.

Today's entry:
Lindie asked about Christmas clubs. I don't know if they do or not. Sherry had one once, and it sure heped. Do they still exist? Come to think of it, I don't know if I would trust an employer with it anymore though.LOL
This has been a full day for us retired folk. We went to breakfast, looked at a yard sale or two and a thrift store or two. Even stopped by Big Lots. We ate again with the pastor. We feel obligated to help them eat up all the left overs from Christmas. We are doing a good job of it.
I ordered & received 'Cracker’s Mule', by Billy Moore. I have made two chapters so far. I think I will like it. I love kid’s stories.
Camp ground is full for RV’s and tents. After Christmas traffic has made it to Florida.
I am having a little trouble with this little router I got to keep Sherry and I on the line. I just found out they can be hard wired into the computers. I just have to learn how to do it. Hahahahaahah! That will be fun.
We have decided on where to attend church in the Morning. We will be going to a church near the Villages here in Florida. Next week we will be back at our adopted church at the RV park in Wildwood.
Not much new. But that is good sometimes.
Nite Shipslog
PS:
These sentences ( with all the BLOOPERS ) actually appeared in
church bulletins or were announced in church services:
The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
-------------------------

-This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
--------------------------
Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B. S. is done.


--------------------------
The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the Congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.
--------------------------

8 comments:

shirl72 said...

Looks like we are in a contest who can eat the most Christmas goodies. I am going to be a Baby
Blimp if I don't stop making trips to the Kitchen. I took a lot of cake to Hardee's Monday. Janet brought her usually brownies.
We buy there and also bring things to eat.
Hardee's loves it. Keeps them in business
I'm glad you helping the Carter's eat the left overs.

Shirl

Woody said...

Good entry, espically that first picture of you and the CAP!!!! lol
Heavy rains and Wind Storm posted for tomorrow, gonna get 50+ MPH winds and rain, might have a green New Years !!

Take Care, watch out on them left-overs!!

Woody

jun said...

Brrrr, those church ladies must be cold
He Jack! it was ridiculously warm here in alabama today.
My daughter told me of her visit to sarasota florida and i am ready to pack and move there now! lol

I really am dreaming of one day living in florida somewhere. after hearing of the way you and Sherry spent the day , I am more anxious than ever. My son in law says for me to be sure to move somewhere they can come vivit me and fish! lol

Lucy said...

You and grandson look so much alike when you were younger. I can not imagine being away from home. Somehow Christmas is the time to be with fAMILY, TO ME. You and Sherry have been doing this for so long it peobably would not feel normal to be home. I know you and Sherry had a wonderful Christmas because yopuy had each other.

betty said...

I know banks used to do Christmas clubs; I think it is a wonderful idea to set aside money like that rather than get hit in 1-2 months around the holiday itself.Sounds like you and Sherry are enjoying your time; so glad your pastor/his wife are there as part of the festivities!! I also think it is neat that you attend church no matter where you are parked!! it is hard sometimes to go into new churches time after time after time; good for you and Sherry for doing so!

enjoy the day

betty

Paula said...

I like the pictures and the funny sentences. Nice that you and Sherry go to different churches to visit.

Lucy said...

On your comment about Mort. I can not imgine a Doctor doing that either. They may be free or nearly free but they should know better. Mort is so fortunate to be alive. I worry that the MS will be so stressful on his body that it will cause another heart attack. He must be a tough old bird at 55 years of age. Joe's Dr. would not use stents.

Randy said...

Hello Mr. Jack,

Sounds like you had a good day. We just got in from church and our usual Sunday afternoon rounds. Have a great afternoon.

God Bless

Randy