Monday, December 24, 2012

Our Cruise little detail

I was not thinking the time of the year I was booking. Hey this ship was loaded with kids. They were having fun and I’ll bet the pizza man worked over time. I think Every other kid I saw all day or night had a pizza. I Saw one teen ager eating a huge ice cream cone and pizza. Heck, who knows? The taste may go together.
2012 dec cruise 041
The ship has a miniature golf course.
2012 dec cruise 040
A full size basket ball court.(In the black caged in area I caught a ball in flight up there)
2012 dec cruise 135
And a water park, along with two or three pools.
2012 dec cruise 037
An area above one of the pools were late night  movies were shown.
          2012 dec cruise 137
We went ashore in St. Thomas. Where we walked about 7 miles. Stopped to see a couple of the many Iguanas. None as big s the ones we were used to in Cuba.
2012 dec cruise 0862012 dec cruise 087
We also went ashore in St. Maarten. The Island is split between two countries, Dutch and France. We landed  on the Dutch side and took an Island tour here. The driver took us to a beach, that bordered on a nude beach. Nah we didn’t go to the nude side, I was afraid of what Sherry would see. But on the regular beach, as in France, topless is not nudity.
2012 dec cruise 168
He was called Big Bear, our driver. That is our ship in the back ground.
2012 dec cruise 1712012 dec cruise 1742012 dec cruise 176
It is beautiful mountainous country. We bought no souvenirs or any thing to bring home. We went just for the cruise, and Sherry especially wanted to see St. Marteen.
2012 dec cruise 2032012 dec cruise 2042012 dec cruise 2052012 dec cruise 208
The time on the ship was nice. Of course the food was good and plentiful. The Caribbean  was actually pretty rough on the Eastern side. I enjoyed it. but the winds were terrible. No walking the weather decks while she was underway. the winds across the bow were over 50mph. I was amazed.
2012 dec cruise 2182012 dec cruise 2232012 dec cruise 221
We attended two shows, this was the kids show:
2012 dec cruise 2262012 dec cruise 2302012 dec cruise 240
Anyway we had a great time, but glad to be home.
Thanks for coming by the LOG.
Nite Shipslog
PS:
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
55-Chevy-BelAir-DV_11-GG-0011800px-1953_mg_td_arp1947-Bentley_Red-white_sf
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A LAST MINUTE PRESENT, ANY OF THE ABOVE WILL DO.

7 comments:

Jackie said...

I was amazed to read that the winds got that high. That could have been a dangerous walk, eh?
Cruise liners are exquisite. The one we went on (decades ago) was nothing nearly as nice as the one you and your wife were on. I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. Thank you for the photos; I enjoyed each one.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I loved seeing that blue blue water and the beach too. It sounds like a wonderful trip. I have only read about such places and never expect to see them so I do thank you for sharing all the pictures. It's in the low 30's here with snow on the ground and more coming our way. Soooo the sunny skies and tropical views are doubly appreciated. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

betty said...

my gosh! It is a mini village on that boat with the minature golf course, pools, etc! But it looks like fun! Sherry was brave to get that close to the iguanas; interesting looking fellows I think they are!

Again, it looked like a great trip!

betty

~mel said...

More cherished memories! I think it's just wonderful the way the two of you get up and go. I thank you for taking us "less traveled" folks along:) Merry CHRISTmas!!

Elizabeth said...

Glad you had a great time and back home safely !

Chatty Crone said...

I think that was the best Christmas present you to could have had. The thing I like most about the two of you is how you like to spend time together and do a lot of the same things. The trip was beautiful - the water so clear! So blue.

Merry Christmas - sandie

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» was delighted to see the photos from your cruise! He wishes you and your bride a fabulous New Year!