Monday, October 7, 2019

Stormy Daniels the cat





 1955 Lincoln Indianapolis

I am shocked. I have been positive Stormy had given birth to her new litter and lost them a few weeks ago. She got skinny and never missed more than a few hours here.  She would stay with me for hours at the time. Me telling her how sorry a mama she was to lose another litter.  I asked do you have puppies or kitties some where, and she did the normal CAT THING and just ignored me.

Well how de do, I see the next door neighbor coming down to the motor home with a kitty in her arms. "This is Stormy's kitten, the other is over at Jim's house.!"  What? and I have been chastising her for being such a rotten mama.

Michelle  said our Jennifer (Kennedy's mom) was walking our trail this morning while we were at church and found this one on the trail. As Michelle was telling us and letting us hold the kitty Stormy was standing about 25' off and would not come close. 

The Feral had given birth in a trash pile behind Jim's house. I got to see both kitties and hated to leave them in such a dump. Should I move them into the basement and see if Stormy will take care of them there?

 
Back when I took this picture of Stormy on the trail, I didn't know it but she was only 10' from her litter.

Tis a puzzle, and I am shocked that there are kittens and we did not know about it. I still cannot imagine her staying away from them for hours at a time and not lose them. When we left them they were crawling out in the weeds. I guess mama can find them and put them back.

If I do move them, does anyone know if mama will follow the kitties?

I did apologize to Stormy for calling her names and gave her some milk!


Nite Shipslog

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Not sure about all this Jack - but glad she is a better mamma then you thought!

betty said...

Found this online about feral cats and their kittens.

https://multcopets.org/if-you-find-kittens

Glad you guys did find these two. Now I wonder what will happen to them!

betty

Lisa said...

You can move them to a safe place in your basement.Let her see whats going on. She will follow. If she does not want them to be there, she will simply move them back to the dump. Momma cat can smell and hear them babies from miles away.

Show some pictures of them soon.
Lisa

Mevely317 said...

Oh my, I don't quite know WHAT to think about that orange car.
What a surprise, finding Story's twins. If you can un-feral them (I know that's not a word!), they might make wonderful companions for someone. Keep us posted!

yaya said...

You're a kind soul to want to help those kittens. I'm not sure if momma will follow...probably so I'd give it a try. If you can corral momma I also would try and get her fixed. We have a traveling vet clinic that's called the "rascal" unit that will fix cats and dogs at a reasonable price. I imagine most towns have one. Good luck and keep us posted!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a surprise to find kittens. You'd think she would be busy caring for them, but then I suppose she needed some time away for herself. Hope it all works out for the best. I'd move them in a padded box and closer to the house and see what happens.

Dar said...

We had one feral that finally came inside when it was minus -40 degrees outside. She became quite tame but still would sit by the door waiting to be set free. When it warmed up, as soon as the door was opened, she fled. She'd return on occasion for food but mostly wanted to be outside in the barn. I think she felt more in control. As for Stormy, she will find her kittens, feed them and then go back to hunting and visiting you. Good luck getting her to come inside but be patient. She might find indoor life is not for her.
love n' hugs from up north where it's warm enough outside to wash windows. The cabin windows are cleaned inside and out for awhile at least.