Thursday, June 4, 2009

Handwriting & Sticky, oh yes and Dr. Office.

This was called the Chrysler Thunderbolt, I don't think they were ever mass produced, I never saw one on the road. Must have been in the fifties. No it was 1941, I just looked it up!


CAN YOU WRITE?
(I SURE CAN'T)

I can remember when I thought I had a good handwriting. Most anyone could read it. I wrote on the board a lot when I was teaching and practiced to keep it straight and readable. HOWEVER I have been writing long hand for the past few days sitting in doctors’ offices. I am now trying to decipher that writing. Wow it looks like hen scratching. Or could it be the influence of Dr. & prescriptions?
A nice incident today. Sitting in a waiting area I mentioned Sticky. A lady across from me looked sorta funny (Probably because I am a funny looking white guy), and after awhile she said, ‘he sings with us.’
“Who?”
“Sticky, but I call him ‘Sweetie’ when we are together.” She laughed real big. (Sweetie is what I heard, later I found it was ‘Squeakie’ she said)




Now this is a fact. I have never known where Sticky lives. He has done work for me many times. We have met at Hardees, and on the job many times. I have talked to his sweet wife on the phone often, but I do not know where he lives. I told these folks this. Even gave them a book, they never volunteered where he lives. He lives within three or four miles from where we are right now.


I took a chance today and went down a road I know he lives off of. Then I turned on another one lane gravel road. I found some of his equipment, (his name is on the trucks.)
We went on down this narrow road a piece, came to a ‘posted keep out sign’, we saw a beautiful two story brick home back there, but did not have the nerve to drive past the foreboding sign. LOL.



Maybe one day Stick and I will get together, and I will find out what he thinks of the books. I hope so. I would call but I cannot communicate on the phone.
I will write him another letter, and hope I get some response. An elusive guy this Sticky, my friend.
So I am glad you came this way, to look in on the log.
Nite Shipslog
PS: (If anyone sees The Sticky man tell him Jack is looking for him.)



*_The Picnic _*


A Jewish Rabbi and a Catholic Priest met at the town's annual 4th of July picnic. Old friends, they began their usual banter. "This baked ham is really delicious," the priest teased the rabbi. "You really ought to try it. I know it's against your religion, but I can't understand why such a wonderful food should be forbidden! You don't know what you're missing.. You just haven't lived until you've tried Mrs. Hall's prized Virginia Baked Ham.


Tell me, Rabbi, when are you going to break down and try it?"





The rabbi looked at the priest with a big grin, and said, "At your wedding."

2 comments:

shirl72 said...

Denise our Banker and Sticky's paths cross all
the time. I know you all are ready to get on the road. It is raining again and you may need
to stay and help build an Ark.

Shirl

Rose said...

Stay safe in your travels.

Hugs, Rose