Saturday, December 18, 2010

The duel of churches!

I received this from four people and thought it deserved a post, it is funny:

Two churches across from each other posting on their marquee. The Cumberland Presbyterian Church and Our Lady of Martyrs Catholic Church.

First post by the Catholic church:

All Dogs go To Heaven”

Across the street the Presbyterians responded:

Only Humans go to heaven, read you Bible”.

To which the Catholics posted:

“God Loves all his creatures, Dogs included”

Ah ha, the Cumberland Presbyters retorted:

Dogs don’t have souls, this is not open for debate”

I’m sure the Catholic guy smiled when he posted:

“Catholic Dogs go to Heaven, Presbyterian dogs should talk to their pastor”

In return the Presbyters posted:

“Converting to Catholicism does not magically give your dog a soul!”

I am positive the Catholic poster smiled broadly and posted:

“Free Dog Souls with Conversion”

Deciding to change tact Cumberland posted:

“Dogs are animals, there aren’t even rocks in heaven either!”

(By now this has to be fun for the passers by as well as the pastor and priest!)

Our Lady of Martyrs posted:

“ALL ROCKS GO TO HEAVEN”

Good natured quips are good for the soul as long as we don’t get angry and upset.

Church marquee’s:

CHURCH pOST 2

CHURCHPOST3CHURCH POST

 

Then as MEL has stated:

Relax and dance some:

FUNTIME

 

LETSDANCE

(Mel when she was sweet!) LOL

But remember to kiss a lot!!

awkiss apig

Thanks for coming by the log, I appreciate it during this busy season.

Nite Shipslog

 

PS
This is the same type car we had when we were first married, except the drivers side door was dented badly!

1950chevyCC rear

1950 chev. club Coupe.

HOT

Remember when it was this HOT!!!

13 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks for the ***BIG SMILE*** today. I'm just taking a break from wrapping it all up. I finally found a box for one of the packages going out of state. I do need a break and this was a good one as I'm still smiling...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I forgot to say that I do think dogs go to heaven. I wouldn't want to go to a church that believed differently either....

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I lllooovvee church marquees(sp)....!!!
Got brave and finished my Christmas shopping today in the fog......

Enjoy

Lucy said...

I needed that!!! I went to shopko yesterday and started Christmas shopping aand walked out dome.

Lucy said...

That was supposed to say done.

jun said...

i really enjoyed this.
will have to wait until i get there to know if dogs go to heaven. if they are there i wont be allergic to them there. lol
hoping and praying that you and your loved ones are blessed and happy, much love jun

Sheila Y said...

LOL, that would be fun to drive by, wondering what would be on the marquee next. Hope you are having a nice weekend, Sheila

Anonymous said...

Glad not much damage done by the fire. And yes it is a bit funny to see how 'curch' behaves nowadays. Surely a sign that it should try to find its roots again.

Until a few days ago it was still twice as warm outside as it is inside a fridge. Please have you all a good Sunday.

Dar said...

Thanks for the chuckle~~~~~
love, Love, LOVE the Chevy club Coupe , the car of the year of my birth
BlessYourHearts......been thinking of you two and praying all is well

Paula said...

Love this entry and yes I wholeheartdly believe in dancing.

Fred Alton said...

Too good! I'm sure you heard of the songs they sung...one broke out with "Will There Be Any Stars in my Crown?" And the church across the street sang, "No Not One"!!!

betty said...

that was a cute picture with the little girl dancing with the statue! the innocence and exuberance of youth! I think all dogs go to heaven, wasn't there a movie about it? I'm thinking there will be animals in heaven, why would heaven not have something that earth had, seeing how heaven should be more glorious, right?

betty

~mel said...

That piggy smooch ~ is that the same as a hog slobber??

I think there's dogs and dancing and all that fun stuff in Heaven! All on a grandeur scale then what we have here on Earth. You might be driving your dream mobile some day up above to a dance over on one of my stars!