Friday, March 9, 2012

Friends and companions

I have been very blessed in my life, I have my best friend as my wife, she is a real companion. Sister Shirl sent me a picture that made me feel warm inside.

There are people that invade your mind, and when they do, a smile comes across your life.  I had never thought too much of companions and friends, there is a difference.

scanoldpic7 007 - Copy

Lots of descriptions of friends, the one I jokingly like is: “Hey dude, I just killed my wife’s lover, I am not sure what to do!”

Friend says, “don’t panic, dial 911, I will be right over!”

Best Friend says, “Hold everything, where are you? I will be right over to help you get rid of the body!”

I know, bad joke, but that describes a real friend, with a joke.  Friends will come to comfort and help. but a Companion? Now there is true faith and love.

Companio

(Shirl sent that to me)

Funny, the dog does not know he is homeless!

Sherry could not hold me more lovingly, ain’t that neat!

No matter the situation, a COMPANION makes life more bearable, rich or poor.

Thanks for coming by the log, I appreciate you taking the time. I know you could find something else to do.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

******************************************************

1928_Chevrolet-may8bBut

I just  paged thru my car pictures to find one that just made me feel good, this one did. 1928 Chevrolet!

8 comments:

Paula said...

whoops think I lost my comment. I said dishes are soaking in the sink and beds unmade but I rather be here. I love the picture of the homeless man and his dog. I sent a Toby's Tales book to a six year old boy and he called me yesterday to thank me. I so like when people take the time to teach their kids manners.

shirl72 said...

Love the three handsome boys on
this blog. I just love have
comfortable the dog is so sweet.
Friends are a gift from God and
I love to be in their company.
I cherrish You and Sherry's
friendship. Couldn't do without you.

Love
Shirl

Elizabeth said...

Very Very nice!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Friends are wonderful but companions are more than wonderful, they are awesome for sure. I've had a few over the years. Not all are still with me and I surely do miss them. That picture of the man and his dog is a heart grabber! Sunny but cold and blustery day here...they say this weekend will be warmer !

Anonymous said...

The photo of the man and dog...tells a story with no words...and you're right the dog doesn't know he's homeless!

TARYTERRE said...

The man and the dog, priceless. Friends take all forms. Take care.

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee...
Equal time for the Bow Tie after the Model Ts of the previous post!

Rose said...

Love the photos of the three handsome men in the first picture!

And,the one with the homeless man and dog is priceless.

Hugs,Rose