Thursday, March 1, 2012

Finally I get a crown!

This all started last winter. I was scheduled for a root canal and Crown. Now ‘tis over, I have a crown. Not a porcelain crown mind you, but ‘Precious metal’ crown.

crown-md

Then, when I go broke, I can pull it and sell it. Even got a certificate of authenticity. LOL.

cartoon-king-9

We had a lot of wind here, now a good bit of rain. Rain is always good, seems you never get enough to satisfy farmers and lawns.

We have kept up with our walks pretty well, dodging the rains. I am working on my list of to do stuff. I moved the Micro Wave 1/8” so the door hinge would not bind. I have been doing good on defrosting the refer and cleaning the filters in the home since I set up reminders on the computer. The computer has taken over as my Division Officer, ordering me around.

dogs statement

(I love that one I saw a lady walking her cat and dog on leashes yesterday, the cat was just sitting down looking around, lady holding the leash and the dog trying to continue the walk.)

I also squeezed the remainder of the oranges except for a few left to peel and eat.  Fresh Orange Juice is great when we mix a couple different makes. The last was navels and honey bells. Mmmm good juice.

However I just read on AOL OJ may not be real good for you (AOL is not from Florida!)

feelings

Since Spring is near, I guess I should do the taxes I have been putting off. LOL

Thanks for coming this way.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

TEACHER: Why are you late?
STUDENT: Class started before I got here.
************************************************  
TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?'
GLENN: K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L'
TEACHER: No, that's wrong
GLENN: Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.
(I Love this child)

***************************************************

Speaking of a crown,A very beautiful car, I remember one in 1956, it was owned by Cpl. Virgil Jensen of Kirkman, Iowa, also of Radio Relay Platoon, Camp Geiger, NC.

1955_Ford_Fairlane_Crown_Victoria_pink-and-white-1

Virg’s car was a Crown Victoria,  Red & White.

10 comments:

Lucy said...

I have recuperated from the shock of Joe calling me yesterday and telling the pharmacy HAD 2 SCRIPTS for me and it was 176.00 I think I screamed " When WHAT" AND THEN YOU LEAVE THE PRESCRIPTIONS THERE AND GET A REFUND EXCEPT FOR HIS WHICH, WAS 4.00 AND 5.00. a WHOLE NEW crew. I think mine were supposed to be 33.oo apiece for 2 scripts but they are going to sit till I go see family Dr. I am so glad that you finally got crowned. I figured Sherry finally got angry with you and crowned you.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Ah, you are KING FOR A DAY! Well maybe more than that as your crown is permanent. I sure wish I could say I was keeping up on my walks every day but as It's only the beginning of March I feel very lucky to have gotten at least one in this week. March blew in like a lion the last few days of February and we even had a tornado warning yesterday...Today is cloudy and expected to be rainy. Very unlike some March 1st's we've had. I got my tax refund today!!! Way ahead of you on that one!

Anonymous said...

Back in the '90s when I was (royally) crowned with the gold...I asked the dentist, after I paid the whopping bill, how much I could get for the crowns if I pulled them out...he said about $10.00 a tooth! A sarcastic "whoopee", since that would barely cover my gas for getting to and from his office ;-)

Jean said...

Jack I'm so glad to hear you got your Crown and a metal one at that!
Maybe your tooth ache will get better.Love the comic jokes they make my day. Now I'm off to the bank and grocery store. Take care. Jean

TARYTERRE said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the CROWN. You are hereby deemed KING JACK. Glad you finally got it done. ENJOY the pain free mouth. Take care.

shirl72 said...

Love the cartoon about the dog and cat. I don't see how the lady can
get a cat to walk on a leash.

Glad about the crown. Hope no
pain..

Shirl

Anonymous said...

Please have you all a happy and wonderful Friday ahead.

Paula said...

I always knew you were a king and now you have your crown. Sherry can be the queen without a crown.

shirl72 said...

Now you can sing the Dentist's
song "Crown him with Many Crowns".

Just had to say that..LOL

Shirl

Louis la Vache said...

Those '55 - '56 Crown Victorias looked good then and they look good now!