Friday, March 23, 2012

A rare occasion

It is not normal for us to have folks living close that we know, especially in the winter. This winter we have been close to Don & Evelyn, we are parked beside them now. As I type I can see their motor home.

A couple days ago our good friends the Tuckers came down and rented a unit in the park for a couple days. We were  together a lot with a lot of chatter going on. All three girls, Evelyn, Rose and Sherry were in the same graduating class back in 1956.  They always get the Class Annuals out and discuss the fates of other class mates or their families.  All three girls are life long residents of Belmont.

Anyway we have been busy for a day or so while the Tuckers are down for a rare visit.

I have very few life long friends, but what I do have, I treasure. Being deaf hurts a lot, but still you want to be around friends.

I will return after this brief encounter from the past.

Thanks for coming by the Blog.  Remember our friends Lucy & Grover (Jeans hubby), the most recent ‘casualties of the war on age’ here on the net.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

I Just finished ‘Cross Country’ by James Patterson. I always enjoy James’ work.

************************************************

1946FordSuperDeluxeConvertible-mx1

I had a cousin (RIP) who had one of these 1946 Ford Convertibles.

(Old cars just make me feel good, this morning Louis was reminding me of curb feelers and necker knobs)

10 comments:

Rose said...

Life long friends are life's treasures.

I just had dinner with Boston friends last night as they came to South Florida from Boston for a vacation. Great time,great friends.

Hugs, Rose

Paula said...

Y'll have fun. I am visiting my best friend from high school every day while she is having therapy here in our town.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Enjoy your visit with your friends! Good ones are hard to find. Jean and Grover are in my prayers.

TARYTERRE said...

Friends are a rare commodity in this world, especially those you've had a lifetime. ENJOY visiting. Take care.

betty said...

So neat to have the time with friends like this! I'm sure it is enjoyed by all!

betty

Anonymous said...

remember the curb feelers...is a "necker knob" the same as a Suicide Knob? either way my parents didn't want me dating someone who had one!

enjoy all those friends...WOW...good times!

shirl72 said...

As we get older our friends are
few. Most of my long time friends
have passed. I am at that age and I do cheerish and appreciate
my friends.

Glad you got to see Rosie and Vondale very sweet people.

It has started to rain we need it for our future gardens. HAHAHA
I have planted 3 grapes tomatoe.

Shirl

Ken Riches said...

Amazing how one can be apart from true friends, and when you get together, it is like no time has passed at all.

Chatty Crone said...

Glad you were able to have some friends there. And that you had a good time. Have you always been deaf? we do need to treasure our friends. Sandie

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis'» maternal grandparents had a '46 or '47 Ford "tudor" as they called their 2 door sedan models. It was a green that probably best could be described as Gan Green...