Friday, May 24, 2019

My wife and girlfriends.



 Cars of  my youth (50's)
     1954 Plymouth Belmont
 
Blog entry
I am not a Joe Biden fan. I would vote for him under certain circumstances. I am too prone to hug women or kiss them on the cheek and would not like that held against me.

Most of the people I know via the net and blogging are women. Some I refer to as girlfriends, they are girls and they are friends. Okay here I am smiling.

I went to friend Ed’s house the other day. I was going to his daughter’s house to help him with a little problem. He asked could you give me 5 minutes to get ready. Since I had seen an old friend just a block back cutting her grass I said, “No problem Ed. I need to drive back down the road to kiss a woman.”

Delores a dear friend whose hubby Luther, had passed, was still in the yard when I drove back. Like me, she is getting older and did not recognize me right off. I got close and she smiled, I said, “I just told Ed Huggins I needed to come down and kiss a lady.” I held the lawn mower and kissed her on the cheek and told her how we had missed her and thought of her often.  She smiled and said, “Jack since you kissed me I had better kiss you back and we can stay even!”

Sherry and I shared a lot of memories with Delorise, she is a true Christian lady and was a dedicated wife. She really misses Luther.

 I have said many times concerning you ladies who have lost your husbands. “Sherry and I do not know the depth of sorry from that loss but we KNOW that one day in the near future (5-12 years) that one of us will most likely be left.”

However, referencing my entry on Obituaries, we try not to live in dread, but we know odds and logic YELLS, “You ain’t gonna live on this earth forever!”
                             
 Nite Shipslog
PS:
The last of those REAL headlines,
And the winner is...
Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead
Yep you read it right!

7 comments:

betty said...

LOL with the typhoon headline :)

So sweet with your friendship with Deloris. I'm sure she appreciates it very much! Any human contact I bet she enjoys!

So many Democrats are running for president its a wonder how they are going to get it all sorted out and pick one to run against the Republican choice.

betty

Glenda said...

Happy that Deloris got a kiss! You and Sherry have always been the "most kissing-est people that I've ever known." She's the most loving gal ever and y'all share that warmth with so many. You two are truly amazing.

Lisa said...

You and Sherry are full of love. I think its ok to give some away.
Hope you two have a safe Memorial Day weekend and maybe cook some wieners or something.

xoxo from Gtown
Lisa

Chatty Crone said...

Jack Rick and I have discussed that very issue. Hard to believe - but true.

Mevely317 said...

I've a hunch you totally made Deloris' day! Love how she wanted to reciprocate to stay even. :)

TARYTERRE said...

a little love goes a long way.

Dar said...

Kindness such as you show daily is contagious. I love that you made Delores' day. You and Sherry are two of a kind spreading your love around. It makes everyone feel good. It's a kind of witnessing and God pleasing I'm sure.
love n' hugs from up north where the sun shines, nights are warm and the gardens are ' finally ' drying enough to be planted. Thanks so much for your service again Jack, on the Memorial Weekend as we remember the fallen to keep us safe.