Saturday, July 20, 2019

…That chance meeting..One never knows


Check this out:

Mid 50s Cars:


 '55 Chev Bel Air
Chance incidents: Anthony Quinn in Key West.
B.J Thomas at a county fair in NY...
BIL Jim met Andy Griffith in an airport...
Son Jack was in boot camp the same time as Jay North...
AND I met Landon and his dog at the Circle M RV Park... 

              
For today:
My oldest brother Odis, was known for saying, ‘One never knows, does one?’ On one of our walks here at the Circle M RV Park, I spotted a beautiful black ‘Cocker Spaniel’ with a boy nearby, I smiled and spoke to the boy, “Love your dog!”  

 His quick response was, “Wanna pet her?” (You gotta love a kid like that!)

My first reaction was, not now. But I thought a second, looking down at the dog, my thoughts went back 70 years to Ace. It is amazing how fast the mind processes an incident. My love for Ace, my search for a cover picture, and the love of sharing your dog, ‘Wanna pet her?’ I then responded to him, “Yes, of course, I would love to.”

After seeing his attachment to the dog and those Cocker eyes I was hooked. I offered my hand for the dog to smell then petted her. I asked if his dad was around. YES. The kids name is Landon. Dog’s name Zoee(?) (My hearing isn't sure.). So we made an arrangement for a $ gift to Landon and I could take a picture for the cover of my latest book (whenever it is finished).  The $ amount (offer) was strictly my idea, not Landon's or his family.  I thought it only fair to pay for the picture since I offered $100 on FB for an artist’s depiction of ‘Ace ‘n Me’. It happens that, like me,  Landon is the 'youngest' of a large very friendly family . Not a runt in the bunch, all keepers. Beautiful ladies and handsome men. I know Ray and Kristin are proud.
This is Landon and his dog Zoe (?) still not sure of my hearing and the name.

The cover has been bugging me, maybe enough that I cannot concentrate on the ending. I am sure I need only one or two  chapters in the short book. I even toyed with the idea of renting someone's dog and using Jude, our great grand, but his age wasn’t close. Maybe now, after meeting Landon, I can finish.

Nite Shipslog

PS:  Landon's mother, took much better pictures than I. She was smart enough to eliminate the background stuff. LOL But  even without a more professional shot, I am happy with Landon and Zoe. I think they will make the cover I had in mind. Zoe is a girl, she said she could identify as a boy for the book. I'm good with that!  LOL
 

7 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Before I even got to "that" section, I was thinking, "Jack's new book cover!" This is such an endearing image. Yep, everything happens for a reason.

As a big fan of "Dennis the Menace", I'm so IMPRESSED Jack got to meet Jay North. Now I gotta Google him (Jay) to see what he looks like.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness he was soooooooooooooo cute! I had a black Cocker spaniel in my life when I was little - our neighbor's dog - Cricket - I loved him. Hope you can finish your book!

yaya said...

How sweet! That is one cute dog and super cute kiddo! I hope your book is now on the way to the finish line! I thought Jay North was so cute when I was a teenie bopper! Have a great rest of the weekend and I hope you are staying cool in this heat wave!

Rick Watson said...

Wow! That’s a beautiful pup and it will make a great cover.

betty said...

That is a great photo! That is neat how you connected and were able to use his picture with his mom's permission of course! And another book you are working on! Nothing keeps you from pursuing those things that you want to pursue!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We really never do know for sure! But I don't think coincidences like that just happen, they were meant to be. Why a precious picture of that boy and his dog. I'm sure your new story, book, will be just as good!

Glenda said...

Adorable pup and boy, this'll make a great cover!