Monday, January 17, 2022

I actually lived to be 83!

 …  Happy Birthday to ME, Today I am 83! (notice 'at rhymes!)

 Car of the day

 This is the Fairlane Ford with a continental. This is a 'Hard top Convertible' The top comes out of that big trunk area.

 


Now for Today:

You would have loved the post I had for today. It was a great pity party.  But I looked around me at the folks who are worse off than I. The folks with dysfunctional families, poverty and sick. Many folks my age are in Nursing homes or the better now-a-days is Assisted Living.  We like words that don’t spell the truth at times. LOL

So although I am still feeling sorry for myownself, Life is good. I will bounce back.  I used to embarrass my sister Shirl who blogged a little, she said I told too much. LOL

So I have decided today is special, I ain’t never been 83 before, and truthfully never even thought I would get past 50-60 range. LOL  But here I am. I am partial to Asian food so my girl is taking me to the Ichiban Chinese and Japanese Buffet for dinner.


Me n Shirley n Bingo 1942, earliest pic I can find of me. That was before my beard, mama thought I was cute!  We were sort of a 2nd family, we had brothers in WWII at the time.

Hope you have a great day. Some of you are enjoying a beautiful snow, even back in NC they are playing in a few inches of the pretty stuff.

Thanks you  for taking the time to stop by the Shipslog, nice of you!

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:   I just about reverted to a pitty party. LOL

14 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Whew, we avoided the pity party. Happy Birthday, dear friend! Perhaps the greatest gifts we get for our b-days are our spouses, good health, and each other. I love reading your blog posts. I'll just show up at your RV sometime?

Mevely317 said...

What? You're middle-age, already?
I'm sorry to hear stuff's combining to make you a bit sad. Since the loss of several loved ones, yes. On the occasion of my own birthday, I'm usually susceptible to the blues. Momma always said, "Things could always be worse."

Enjoy that birthday dinner! The best is yet to come!

Gary and Anna Mae said...

Well, "Shiver Me Timbers" !! You made 83 Trips around the Sun and still going Strong, I envy you, Heart Doctors won't let me have Chinese Food !!! SO: Happy Birthday and enjoy the evening, We just watching it Snow !! Sending down Love and Best Wishs, Gary and Anna Mae

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Jack! I love Chinese Food too! Wish we had a good sit down one in town. They are all little hole in the wall take out places.

Lisa

betty said...

Happy birthday Jack! I hear 83 is the new 63! Hope you enjoyed your dinner out! It sounded delicious!! Every now and again it is good to have a bit of a pity party, but then of course to remember how blessed we are!! Hoping you continue to be bouncing back!

betty

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to you. Remember what they say, 83 is the new 73. I believe that too with all the advances they've made in medicine. So no pity party, just be thankful you're here and you're healthy. What a blessing. I hope you had a great birthday and that you will celebrate many more birthdays.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

CONGRATULATIONS and a very Happy Birthday my friend. As a special present I shall pray for you today.

Wishing you happiness, good health and all the things you would wish for yourself and your loved ones.

God bless you and your family always.

NanaDiana said...

HAPPY HAPPY 83RD BIRTHDAY AND GOD BLESS YOU!
You might have some down days but you always rally round and find the good part of it..that is what I have discovered as I have followed along over the years here.

Enjoy your food and be a good boy. Did you get your birthday spanking yet? Hugs- Diana

yaya said...

83? It was meant to be! I hope you have a wonderful day and celebrate your amazing life. Cute as a little kiddo and still rockin' it today! If you don't believe me just ask Sherry! Enjoy your dinner and I hope there's cake or something thrown in to light a candle on. What does that commercial say:"Age is just a number and mine is unlisted!" So celebrate and remember this is the youngest you're ever going to be and then celebrate each day ahead as your youngest and best. Love your blog and I hope you're still blogging when I'm 83!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday! You are indeed blessed and it's good to count those blessings, they always make me feel better. You'v had a great life and are still enjoying it too. Enjoy your dinner out with your best girl. You've reached a wonderful age if you ask me.

Dar said...

Happy BDay Jack...you shared your day with my lil sister Mel. You remember her. Put together, ooooou your candles could start a pretty nice campfire. lol 🔥 I'd love your dinner. Enjoy every bite. Whenever I start feeling down, especially down on myself, I remember Mom and straighten up. She's such a prime example of cool and calm. Happy Day to you and your lovely Sherry too.
loven'hugs from up north where we're also watching it snow.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Satchel Paige once said, How old would you be, if you didn't know how old you are?" He also said "Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."

Happy Birthday!

Life is good when you are with those you love best.

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY Jack. You and my hubby are the same age. 83 is a GOOD number. Hope it was a wonderful celebration.

salemslot9 said...

Happy belated birthday Jack! :)