Sunday, January 2, 2022

New Year's MORN, I woke up outside On concrete with a female NOT MY wife!

 That Car:


I thought this was Dog Heaven.......  my mistake..... But it is what it is..

 For today:

Mary Jane, JANIE, is old.  She and I have something in common, she is deaf.  Deafness seems to be common in English bulls. I am thinking also of Ole Hook, an Alabama throw away dog taken in by Rick and Jilda. Dogs that found those two animal lovers won the pet lottery! Anyway to continue on Janie. She has arthritis in her hips and can barely walk. She has skin tags in various places and one ugly growth. But we love her, she is the oldest of our grand dogs.

Here is stretched out in the Florida Sun. 

We are Granddog sitting. She cannot climb the steps into the coach, so we are trying to stay in the Mobile Home with her. BUT, but New Year’s night she refused to climb the steps. She weighs about 60 pounds and I cannot pick her up. She snuggled on her ‘cushy’ patio bed. AT least the patio is covered.

So I dug into my back pack and got my 1” sleep pad and sleeping bag and settled beside her for the night.  Since we are both deaf we could feel the booms and see the flashes, but the neighborhood sounds did not bother us.  Someone near musta invested a few hundred dollars in BIG BOOMS because there were about 4 hours of continuous BOOMS.

So I woke up with Janie this morning. We slept on the concrete, however she had a 4” cushy sleeper.  LOL.

After last night I decided to build a ramp. These are the steps she had to maneuver:

 

This is now the ramp put together fast with materials on hand. The non-skid is a rug and work towel. It should work until our sitting job is done. Hopefully no more than 2-3 days.

It took some encouraging, but she tried it, it worked.


To be honest Janie needs to find that doggie heaven I hear about (but cannot find scripture for)  It would be nice that one day I would see Janie meeting Ace,Tom(#1), Bingo, Casco, Stormy, Hendrix & Sir Logan . What tales those dogs & cats could tell.

Some fantasies make losses easier.

 Nite Shipslog

PS…. I do not recommend OLD people sleeping on concrete, much harder than the ground. LOL

11 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You are a good soul. It is hard to release our pets to go over The Rainbow Bridge even when we know it is time. I am glad you were able to sleep even if it was a tad uncomfortable. Blessings to you and your sweet wife in 2022. Hugs- Diana

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

YOU ARE CERTAINLY DEVOTED TO THAT GRAND DOG. GLAD SHE CAN NOW USE THE RAMP. SLEEPING ON CONCREATE GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND. Here's to a happier New Year !

yaya said...

Awww..poor Janie and what a wonderful dog sitter you are! Happy New Year to you and Sherry! (So glad you were outside on your terms and not kicked out! Ha!)

Mevely317 said...

I so love your tender heart! Building that ramp was a stroke of genious!
I've heard great things about CBD oil for dogs. I think there's little as heartwrenching than to see a beloved animal in pain.

Candy said...

Awww brought me to tears, what a sweet precious memory Jack, youre a treasure! 💜 You & Sher have a beautiful New Year!

betty said...

Oh wow, Jack, sleeping on the concrete to be by Janie is definitely an act of love!! I bet you were one sore person in the morning! Glad she is figuring out the ramp too! Just take care of yourself while you are taking care of her so you don't end up injured or sick!

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You are such a kind and loving person. Thank you, Jack.

God bless you and Sherry always. Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

You’re a good man Jack. Love ❤️ and hugs 🤗 from the frozen tundra. Mel

Dar said...

Look at the two of you all snuggled in for the night. I agree with everyone of what a good man you are to sleep on the upper side of the dog house with sweet Janie. 😇💜You are ever so kind with your devoted heart.
loven'hugs from up north in ⛄ land.

TARYTERRE said...

What a sweet sweet story. brought tears to my eyes, the two of you sleeping there on the floor. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and Sherry. I've been down for the count with back problems, in tremendous pain. the holidays were miserable. thats why i haven't been commenting or writing. but checking in here, with you always brings a smile. hope 2022 finds us where we need to be. take care

boromax said...

Jack, this is so, so sweet. Love it. The scripture you seek is Psalm 36:6, which declares that the Lord preserves both people and animals. We, too, expect to reunite with our pets who have crossed over.

And, once again, you proven that you are a better man than I - sleeping on the concrete. Wow.