Friday, January 14, 2022

I Lost my favorite way to communicate

Memorable continental kits from The Past:

 

Not sure but it looks like a T-bird modification

For today:

Since being on the net I have used e-mails as my major avenue to communicate. It was simple, easy and I had a record to refer back to if needed.

BUT since the ‘spammers’ started shooting out ‘junk’ mail I have about 200 ‘spams’ a day to sift thru for any important data.  Not only that my normal 20-30 that miss the spam file have now sifted down to about 2-5 important ones. So in the past few days I just wholesale delete the spam folder, click wholesale delete on my ‘new e-mails’ then go down the list and unclick the important ones. There are times I go to the file and delete everyone that is there. IT IS NO LONGER AN EXERCISE I ENJOY. For years it was like going to my mail box on the street, just fun to read info from friends and real businesses.

It has become a task.  There were several SMART business men in the beginning that said we should be charged for all e-mails above 50 a day. 50 a day would have filled my quota of communications.  The SMART people who ‘foresaw’ the spamming fools said whole sale e=mails like 1000 to millions an hour should be billed at least a half cent apiece for all over 50.

I thought about messenger, but too many folks just forward-all no matter what the message is.  I guess I am back to ‘texting’ on the cell.

 

Now if they can just figure a way to charge $1.00 for each call/text telling me my warranty is about to expire, it would help!

 

BUT today I did get to smile. The family that moved from here 2 yrs ago refuse to have their mail forwarded, leaving me to write on the envelope ‘no longer at this address’ and put it back in the box. Today there was an envelope with a line on the envelope, “OPEN IMMEDIATELY YOUR ENGINE WARRANTY IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE!”

Don’t tell anyone but I threw it in the trash can, let the warranty expire dad gummit! ;-)

NiteShipslog

PS:

That is jack in Arabic.  Woody sent it to me. I had wondered.

6 comments:

betty said...

We are still getting mail from people who lived here before we did and we have been in this house almost 6 years. Sometimes my hubby will write on the envelope "no one at this address" but most of the time I just tell him to toss the stuff. Its usually sales promotions and the like. Thankfully both AOL and gmail, my 2 providers for emails, catch spam and put them in the spam folders. If an occasional spam does filter through, I just mark it as spam and then every so often delete that folder without really bothering looking at the emails in it. Our emails are getting as bad as our snail mails. Lots of junk and nothing too exciting in them :)

betty

Mevely317 said...

Ya, I can well remember when getting the mail was a Big Exciting deal. Same thing with the first e-mails. I don't know your ISP, but like Betty, Gmail seems to catch 99% of the spam. Those numbers you cite are crazy!

That's a cool-looking Arabic 'Jack.' Almost like calligraphy ... or a purty tattoo.

yaya said...

Oh my gosh I'm always deleting emails. I hate it too. And my car warranty is up! Darn it! Have a good week and watch out for nasty weather down south! It's snowing outside right now in my neck of the northern woods! Take care!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thankfully, I don't get many span emails at all, E mailing is still fun for me. I prefer it as far as communication goes too and blogging is another. Thank goodness for the internet I'd be lost without it. We've got lots of snow and cold here today so I'm in envy of your Florida weather there. Enjoy !

My Tata's Cottage said...

Spam, hackers, junk mail, real e mails! Some of it annoys me. But lately, my cell phone texts has been loaded with political garbage. Also take a vaccine survey! Nope Nada No thank you. I know you know all my personal info and I am not about to repeat it anywhere. It is maddening! Technology is so annoying. One day someone will cut our power grid and the younger generations will lose their minds! We had a power outage last week for one whole hour. You would have thought my kids were being held hostage. I was texting my neighbor, you know, the oldies like to stick together hahaha. We survived it easier. MY very first jov at the Pueblo County Treasurer's Office was all done my hand. I personally miss those days. It helped improve my handwriting somewhat. :-) Stay cool in Florida. We are in a Colorado freeze. brrrr......

Lisa said...

I have three emails.
One is for spam, its the one I give retailers at the register. Haha.
One is for important stuff. I give this one to places like the bank and doctors office, etc.
Then I have one strictly for work.

Its easy to add a new email address.
Lisa