Saturday, January 1, 2022

The newer softer words....

Cool cars  according to Google:

 I searched Google for 'cool cars' The ones tonight were among them.


For today:

I remember when the term ‘cool’ was morphed into something other than ‘NOT COLD’. LOL  I remember because I became COOL with a ‘DA’ which also was softened to Duck’s Tail and I also started ‘pegging my pants.’

Then a few years ago instead of ‘telling me something’ people started ‘sharing with me’, at first it sounded sorta like gossip! 

Okay we are grand dog sitting. That is another newer term. My grandma never had a ‘grand dog’, but ‘Little Jackie had a sweet dog.’  ;-)…

Soooo yesterday afternoon Mark came out to say. “I just got a call, My storage bin in New Port Richey has been ‘compromised’!”  I said “You mean broken into, right?”

“Yeah that is what they finally said.  It is roped off and I need to come down to report what is missing.”

He tried to find a local doggy motel, but we volunteered to watch Janie. She is an old dog and has lots of ‘issue’s’ (There is another ‘newer’ use of a word. At one time she would have had a lot of problems.)

I don’t have a problem with ‘issues, grand dog and Sharing.’ I know it is life as it continues. BUT if my house is broken into I will call the police and you can bet I will NOT say, “Could you please come out to Carl Road, my home has been compromised!”

Anyway I did smile thinking how our language changes over the course of life. I remember when the Flintstones had a Gay Old Time.  I also remember when Sherry and I were happy and gay.

But most of all I hope your car or home is NEVER Compromised…….  Just sayin’ (Yeah, that is another one and I am cool as a cucumber!)

Nite Shipslog

PS: I think our language has been compromised!!  😉

PS2: On yesterday's window entry. Unlike you house windows RV double pane window do NOT contain ARGON to hold down moisture and insulate. This separator has a moisture 'eater' in it. I have found the separator but it is 1/16" too BIG. I never thought 1/16" would stop me, but it did. LOL  Only one manufacturer.

PS3: I woke up this morning on our concrete patio, Happy New Year.. Story at eleven (they say)

7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy New Year to both of you ! Yes, words have changed. I dog sit often for my grand dogs. It's always a pleasure for me to do so. They are all just like babies in the family and can stay alone. I'll never forget the first time my oldest son called me Big ma. He said the word big was not to indicate I was fat but that I was the best ! don't mind being called big at all.

Mevely317 said...

How sweet of you to watch over Janie! Gosh, I hope Mark's losses are minimal; what an awful turn of events!
Ya. Now that you mention it, certain terms have become subtly ingrained in our language. My last boss was always suggesting something be communicated in a 'softer' manner. That, and she didn't want us saying we had a 'problem.' It should be a 'challenge.'

PS - Like y'all, I remember when 'gay' meant happy. Even my former travel agency was named "Gay Travel."

betty said...

That is a new one with compromised meaning being broken into! Learned something new and interesting today, and like Myra said, I hope Mark's losses are minimal. Wonder if anything got caught on camera with who the thief might have been. Good for you, Jack and Sherry, for watching Janie. She'll be a lot happier with you guys then in a kennel or the like!! I think my favorite word I still currently use is "cool" lol :)

betty

yaya said...

You woke up on your patio? I hope Sherry didn't put you out instead of your granddog! Yep, our language has certainly gone PC. I had to take a course on what to call people who don't use male or female. I was very confused at the end of the course and thought, "gee, can't I just call them by their name?" Anyway, Happy New Year Jack and Sherry! I hope you find the fix to your window and also much fun and happiness in this new year!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying and hoping all is well regarding Mark's break-in. Keep us informed.

Yes, language changes all the time over here too. Happy Gnu Year to you and your family.

God bless.

Lisa said...

I hate that about the break in. We have had our storage unit “compromised’ before too. Enjoy the “grand dog” while you can. Words certainly have changed. Heck, somehow through the years my daughter stopped calling me mom and calls me “Mai”. I just roll with it.
I’ll be sure to tune in at 11 for the patio story.

From the rainy West side
Lisa

Dar said...

The world is all messed up with soooo many wanting the headlines of ' their ' rights and beliefs. I'm not prejudice, just mad. There's another one. I grew up thinking 'mad' meant angry. Now it supposedly means I'm ' nuts.!' So be it as I get on with my life. I'm glad you and Sherry are Janie sitting. My guess is that sleeping on the concrete is reference to Janie being more comfortable outside. You're a great Janie pal.
loven'hugs from up north where we have bitter air but lots of sunshine. It's a wonderful way to start a new year.