Sunday, November 13, 2022

Florida swamp land

  One of a kind:

The 1948 'Norman Timbs' is that cool or what, especially in the 40s.

                        For today:

There is a lot of swamp land in Florida.  There was a big joke or crooked sales in the 1950s about selling a lot of land in Florida, many times under water.

Conservation took over and the ‘wet-land’ is protected now.  I am sure land where our trailer is was reclaimed before all the restrictions.

Anyway we have about a mile of swamp land between us and the rest of Leesburg.  So today I started my walk in that direction. I walked around the swamp. It is nearly 4 miles.

Looking up the road, no houses on either side due to the swamp:

The pictures do not show things too well, but actually there is some natural beauty, even in a swamp.

 

Bright red berries below:

Of course there are still litterers! That is a mattress methinks.

I walked on around to my favorite little park and the trail there. Yesterday as I walked I found a nice red leather hat.  I put it on a post as I entered the park.

Today there was a camouflage shirt added. I like this. Maybe someone else will add something.

I saw my first fisherman in the canal. One man, nice boat!

I was close enough to exchange 'Good Mornings' him as I passed. He was going much slower than I walk. The canal is a “LEAVE NO WAKE” therefore boats must go slow.

Thanks for stopping by the Shipslog. I appreciate it.

   Nite Shipslog

PS: I think all bloggers appreciate comments, I do and yesterday were some of the sweetest.  THANKS....  Until tomorrow....  Love y'all!

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

People trash all over the4 place - and I am not sure why - but I hate it.

So do you have lots of sketters?

Woody said...

I loved the "Canals" in Okeechopbee for fishing. Sad but Litter is common now a days ! Good Pictures, Up North "Swamps" are great Hunting and Trapping Places. Some of our biggest deer are what we call "Swamp Bucks", they have great Racks but meat can be a little tough !

Glad to see your walking, Right now it is 31 degrees and cold, little North of us they got about an inch of "Snow" !!!!
Take care down there and behave, love from the North: Gary and Anna Mae

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That post is standing to attention. Beautiful countryside where you walked. Thanx for the fotos, Jack.

God bless always.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I enjoy seeing those walks of yours. Certainly looks better than around here in Ohio. We saw some snow on the ground yesterday and it was cold out too ! Had to put my winter coat on. I'm happy you can enjoy the sunny south!

Dar said...

I love walking with you thru your photos and words. I think I'd also enjoy the canals. Like Woody said, we call the big bucks Swamp Bucks too. We can the meat. Bill has a dandy coming thru by his stand once in awhile but it appears the rut is nearly over, 2 inches of snow and only does and fawns. Oh well. As for litter, we are fortunate along the highway to have groups such as the Scouts, church groups, etc, that clean it up each spring and fall.....we do the stretches along our properties. You're getting ready for the AT hike, aren't you. Good man.
loven'hugs from up north where it feels like this chill in the air is going to hang around til spring......we do need the moisture of the snow.

Mevely317 said...

I think my earlier comment got eaten by Blogger's spamster .. not unlike the gator I was referring to.