Saturday, November 12, 2022

If….

  One of a kind:

1947 Alamaghy Rhomboid


Made in South Korea
 

 A 1942 Desoto convertible

For today:

Give at least one of these a try!

1. If you could do it, what feat would you like to complete and be recorded in history?

Roger Bannister breaks the 4 minute mile:

i.e. Running the mile in 3 minutes, The high jump, most hot dogs consumed in 30 minutes, climbing Mt Everest in record time.

,,,,,,, me? I have seen some fantastic high dives, I would love to dive from the highest cliff and know how to do all those maneuvers going down (AND LIVE thru it!).  LOL

2. If you could pick famous USA citizen, alive or in history, who would you have over for dinner? What would you serve?

I like old Abe…

We visited many places of Lincoln’s life. BUT Buchanan’s home in Lancaster PA, holds a smile in my heart. The one quote that stuck out to me was in the carriage headed for Lincoln’s Inauguration. He is quoted,  saying, “Sir, if you are as happy taking this job as I am leaving it, you are one happy man!”

……… so  ME? I think Abe Lincoln.  His early life has always fascinated me. I would have to see Woody or Dar and get some venison and have Sherry make an apple pie !  ;-) Those were his favorites. Apples were tops!

Truman if Old Abe could not make it.

3. If you could spend one week in any country in the world, all expenses arranged and paid; where would you like to go?

….ME ?  Hands down, Ireland…..

   Nite Shipslog

PS:  I know instead of answering questions you would rather have that nice 1947 Alamaghy Rhomboid above. LOL

9 comments:

betty said...

If is a very interesting word. I've been doing a lot of thinking of the word "if" lately. But I'll answer question #3. I would go to Israel :)

betty

Crane said...

Oldtimer are so great;)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great thoughts Jack; I like your selection. Although not so keen on jumping off a cliff. I'd like to jump off a chair onto a thick and soft mattress. That would be awesome.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm going to have to think about the answers to your questions today. But you've given me lots to think on. If is definitely a word that makes us all reflect on what is possible. I mostly try to stay in the present and today I'm going to celebrate one of my granddaughters birthday. It's a special day for her and I'm happy I can be with her today !

Chatty Crone said...

Very interesting - some good sturdy men.
I would love to have Jesus over for dinner and one day I will. I would love to go to Israel.

yaya said...

Your questions are interesting and I had to think about my answers. I really can't think of anything I would want to do to break a record but I know who I'd have for dinner...my Dad! Yes I know he wasn't famous in the eyes of the world but he was to me! He passed away November 18th, 1976 and I've missed him every day. I would make anything he wanted for dinner but I know he would probably just love a good old PP&J! Have a good weekend and give Sherry a nice hug from us here in Ohio!

Mevely317 said...

Gosh, these sound like somethg out of a book I once read. (*grin*)
As for #1, I'll take a pass. I've been particularly competitive, and can't imagine the stress to maintain unbeaten. No question in my mind #2 would be Donald Trump. He's fascinated me for many years before the election. Since he's probably enjoyed every fine dish there is, I'd serve hickory smoked pork ribs and fried okra with banana pudding for dessert. #3? I'd love to go back to Tuscany, all expenses paid!

PS - More questions, please?

Mevely317 said...

NEVER been particularly competitive, that is!

Dar said...

no Rhomboid for me...what an ugly ride. I'd take the Desoto any day !
I don't care to set any records at my age..nope, not gonna attempt any !
Like Yaya, I'd also have to have my Dad for dinner and serve him venison steak with wild mushrooms, onions, mashed potatoes, gravy and Mile High Apple Pie.
Gosh I miss him so much. There would be venison set aside for you and Ol'Abe.
Now about the all expenses paid, naaa, I can't wait to see daddy again. He's the most famous man I ever knew.
loven'hugs from up north where the ground and trees are Christmas White today.